DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 89 First ... 917181920212969 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by tiilikainen View Post
    Players (and only players) are seeing an error in initiativemanager.lua whenever the GM removes an NPC from the combat tracker, something to do with nil references and getWindows (sorry I don't have the exact line number or message; I know it's important - I'll get it next time he has his server up). Anyone else see this and know what causes it? There doesn't seem to be any weird behavior associated with it, we just see the message.
    Yep, more info on the error and also what the GM is doing at the time - are they removing the actor first (from the bottom of the tracker) or the init slot first (from the top of the tracker)? What was the last thing the GM does before the error?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe, is it possible to change the font color on the type of paragraph, I'm specifically talking about the ones that are switched by hitting CNTRL 2.

Out of curiosity, is there any other extensions that work for this ruleset besides FGRandom and Star Wars EotE Critical Text? The current list of extensions that I have for D&D 5E all come up with error messages like MOTD which would be helpful in all games.

What about some possible deal with OggDude in creating an importer from his Character Generator to FG?
    Last edited by Talley Darkstar; May 14th, 2016 at 20:42.

Most extensions won't work with this ruleset as it isn't based on the CoreRPG ruleset that most ruleset use.

We do have permission from OggDude to use data generated from his character creator. It "just" needs someone to write a converter/importer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hopefully at some point we'll get more tools, you and everyone has done a great job thus far Trenloe, thanks!

Blog Entries
    I am really happy with what I am seeing in the new version! Thanks Trenloe and Mikael - this is an outstanding ruleset.

There remain a few questions, though:

1. How do I use the Starship icon to the upper left? I guess it's meant as a party sheet, but is there any hidden functionality on it? Can I drag & drop one of Mikael's starships onto it, or do I have to transfer the stats manually?

2. I know I can add additional tabs to Story / NPCs etc, but in order to make an adventure module (I am planning to play Beyond the Rim soon and I'd like to put that in a separate module, in order not to clutter anything else) I have to set up a .mod file in XML, correct?

3. Are there any other hints & tips for this new version?
    Savage Musketeer Roleplaying with a horrific twist: All for One - Régime Diabolique for Savage Worlds is available on the FG store now!

1) There is still work to do on the party sheet. At the moment it is primarily the main starship the players own - manually enter the stats, keep track of weapons, inventory, etc. through the sheet.

I just noticed that the ability for players to roll startship attacks didn't make it into the graphical update. I've added it back in - re-download from the Google drive link in post #1. Weapons added to the starship and tagged as combat will appear on the first tab of the party sheet and can be rolled from there by players - the currently active PC will be used to build the dice pool. This only works for players with a PC selected. This allows PCs to make starship attack rolls without the need for them to have the weapon/starship on the individual character sheet.

2) Create your adventure details in a "module making" campaign, then export to a module using the Export functionality: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Module_Export

3) New features etc. are listed in post #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I just noticed that the ability for players to roll startship attacks didn't make it into the graphical update. I've added it back in - re-download from the Google drive link in post #1. Weapons added to the starship and tagged as combat will appear on the first tab of the party sheet and can be rolled from there by players - the currently active PC will be used to build the dice pool. This only works for players with a PC selected. This allows PCs to make starship attack rolls without the need for them to have the weapon/starship on the individual character sheet.
    Oh awesome! Thanks Trenloe, that makes my day!

Just to confirm, when I say "currently active PC", I should have said currently "selected" PC - this only applies when a player is running more than one PC, the currently selected PC will be used when a player makes a combat roll from the party starship window. The currently selected PC is indicated by their name in bold under the portrait on the desktop. Double-click the portrait to select a PC.

I figured that is what you meant Trenloe, but thank you for clarification for those that might get confused. I usually have players with more than one PC playing at the same time since not all my players have FG yet, some get together at the same house and connect to me under one account.

I do have a question for anybody with experience in it, this last weekend we had a player trying to connect his FG account to the campaign and he kept getting an error (think it had something along the lines of unable to load the ruleset). The player was using windows 10, another player also on windows 10 wasn't having an issue at all. So my question is, anyone come across an issue like this before? I honestly think it had to do with either permissions not being set properly on my player's end, or possibly they had the ruleset downloaded/saved in the wrong area. Another player that is local to him is going to take a look at it, just thought I would ask if anyone noticed an issues when connecting as a player using windows 10.

Thread Information