STAR TREK 2d20
Page 16 of 89 First ... 614151617182666 ... Last
    Question, is there a way to halt the automatic broadcasting of things given (Talents, Gear, etc) to NPC's in chat? Everyone can see it, and I really don't want to keep doing that if I have to adjust NPC's on the fly. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by pauljmendoza View Post
    Question, is there a way to halt the automatic broadcasting of things given (Talents, Gear, etc) to NPC's in chat? Everyone can see it, and I really don't want to keep doing that if I have to adjust NPC's on the fly. O_O
    Sorry, there isn't a way to currently stop this.

I've added it to the feature request list in post #4.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My players thank you for this :P

Quote Originally Posted by pauljmendoza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sorry, there isn't a way to currently stop this.
    I've added it to the feature request list in post #4.
    Just give the NPC something extra that does lots of damage and watch the players worry
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

This is amazing! I've been playing this RPG since the Edge of the Empire beginner box released, but just discovered Fantasy Grounds (and the awesome WFRP 3rd ruleset).

A couple of quick questions, apologies if they sound like noobish questions, but I am pretty new to the software...

1. How can I apply a portrait to an NPC (either created in session, or pregen in the library adversaries section) or for a vehicle? Ive tried dragging the portrait onto the little dot in the top right of the npc/vehicle window 'main' tab, and it doesn't do anything...

2. How do you handle the destiny pool? Is there a tracker tool? I tried dragging the light side and dark side points into the chat window, but is there a way to have a visual reminder of how many of each are left in the pool?

3. Where do I put my map images so they show up in the images folder in the app?

Thanks!

Welcome to the FG forums!

I've moved this thread from the library modules thread to the ruleset thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fango View Post
    1. How can I apply a portrait to an NPC (either created in session, or pregen in the library adversaries section) or for a vehicle? Ive tried dragging the portrait onto the little dot in the top right of the npc/vehicle window 'main' tab, and it doesn't do anything...!
    NPCs don't have portraits, they have tokens. Drag a token from the token folders.

2. How do you handle the destiny pool? Is there a tracker tool? I tried dragging the light side and dark side points into the chat window, but is there a way to have a visual reminder of how many of each are left in the pool?!
    Setup the pool at the beginning of the session by double-clicking on the relevant pool widget based off the players force die rolls. Then when you need to use them drag them to the chat window and the destiny pool will auto adjust, or players can drag a light-side to the dice pool to auto upgrade their pool - the GM can do the same for a darkside/lightside chit. The only thing that can't be automatically done is a player adding a darkside chit to their pool - this has to be done manually.

3. Where do I put my map images so they show up in the images folder in the app?
    Add the files in Windows Explorer - the location is <FG App Data>\campaigns\<campaign name> - get to FG App data by clicking the folder icon in the top right of the FG launch screen or look for the data location - info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...File_Locations You'll probably want to make a shortcut/favourite to this directory in your windows explorer or desktop.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm completely new to downloading player made stuff. I've downloaded a couple, but they come as zip files and I don't know where to put everything. Can you tell me how to do the thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xtheth View Post
    I'm completely new to downloading player made stuff. I've downloaded a couple, but they come as zip files and I don't know where to put everything. Can you tell me how to do the thing?
    Download the PAK file linked in post#1, put it in your <FG App Data>\rulesets directory - Go to your <FG App Data> directory by clicking the folder button in the top right corner of the FG launch screen. Restart FG and "Star Wars EotE" will be available as a ruleset in the "Create New Campaign" screen - see this video from 2:30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_fS-tnIzPk for directions to create a new campaign.

I downloaded that, it is not a .pak, it is a .zip

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xtheth View Post
    I downloaded that, it is not a .pak, it is a .zip
    hhmm, wonder how that happened. Rename it to .pak.

Thread Information