FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 89 First ... 891011122060 ... Last
    Great update guys, really love the graphics update. Here's a little library I been putting together, it's got the basic combat advantage/threat charts, a dice chart, and some combat conditions I have put in. Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulqzl70a20...ables.mod?dl=0

So just some feedback on the Star Wars ruleset after doing some combat test rounds.

This mainly concerns the initiative tracker and the application of wounds.

While the automatic 'apply wound' feature is pretty neat, I find it rather useless and in all my combat rolls have never used it, as much as I would like to. Reason for this is cause it only goes up to 7, and most damage rolls I find are 7+. So things like unarmed combat and such I can see a use for, and really low damage yields, but majority of things will do higher rate of damage.

Now, I've no problem putting the wounds in manually, especially considering I GM a warhammer ruleset (2nd edition) that has zero automation features. Problem with the initiative tracker and applying wounds is soak. If I want to find out the soak of an npc, I have to click on the profile. This is not a problem for a couple of npcs or so, but if multiple npcs are being used with different soak, it can become a bit of a hassle.

It might be just the case that I'm used to seeing soak on the tracker, as is the case with the warhammer ruleset, but it would be nice if the automatic wound tool was increased so that it gets to be used more often, or that even a listing of soak is on the tracker.

Just my 2 cents.

Xydonus,

After the character or npc rolls the combat check with their weapon, you will get the damage result in the chat frame. Just drag the [Damage: 12] from the chat frame to the character sheet, token or combat tracker entry. It will automatically apply soak for you. You should only use the chits for non combat rolls, strain etc. If you are using blaster with the stun setting, it also has to apply the soak (unless it is specifically a stun weapon).

Trenloe hasn't added targeting and more advanced features because this ruleset is based on an older FG code. He has plans to update it to be CoreRPG compatible (in the distant future). But really, for Star Wars RPG, it is not as pressing due to the cinematic nature of the combat.

Regards,
    Lobosolo
    Last edited by Lobosolo; July 21st, 2015 at 07:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosolo View Post
    Xydonus,

After the character or npc rolls the combat check with their weapon, you will get the damage result in the chat frame. Just drag the [Damage: 12] from the chat frame to the character sheet, token or combat tracker entry. It will automatically apply soak for you. You should only use the chits for non combat rolls, etc. If you are using blaster with the stun setting, it also has to apply the soak (unless it is specifically a stun weapon).

Regards,
    Lobosolo
    Never thought of that! Your a saint! Cheers

Thanks Lobosolo for explaining. Plus, if you want more wounds/strain from the chits you can use the modifier control to add a numeric value before you drag the wounds/strain to a target. Remember to toggle the soak shield if needs be (for the wound/strain chits). Hopefully this means the chits aren't as "useless" as you first thought, Xydonus?

You can also use the modifier box to adjust wounds generated from a combat check.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah, cheers for that. Yeah the chits are certainly more useful now :P

Just one further question regarding vehicles in the tracker. I know vehicles themselves are sorta beta, but am I right in saying that there's no way to apply wounds to them by dragging starship damage from the chat to the vehicle in the tracker?

I've tried it myself, but any wounds I drag onto the vehicle only goes onto the npc who has the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Xydonus View Post
    Just one further question regarding vehicles in the tracker. I know vehicles themselves are sorta beta, but am I right in saying that there's no way to apply wounds to them by dragging starship damage from the chat to the vehicle in the tracker?
    Correct. Damage is purely personal at present. There are future plans to differentiate between personal and vehicle damage.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey Trenloe, while putting together a library/table for critical injuries/hits I noticed that I could not drag and drop criticals from any source to the next. Library entries would not drag onto N/PCs nor could you drag and drop the criticals from one sheet to the next like you can with abilities/conditions/inventory items. I wasn't sure if this was a bug or working as intended just thought I would report it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miekael View Post
    Hey Trenloe, while putting together a library/table for critical injuries/hits I noticed that I could not drag and drop criticals from any source to the next. Library entries would not drag onto N/PCs nor could you drag and drop the criticals from one sheet to the next like you can with abilities/conditions/inventory items. I wasn't sure if this was a bug or working as intended just thought I would report it.
    That's working as intended - i.e. I haven't done any drag/drop functionality for critical records. The critical drag/drop functionality is only implemented for dragging from the critical chit directly to one target, which does the roll for the critical as well. There is currently no specific class for the critical result (it's just stored in a specific portion of the PC/NPC database). Hence why there is no ability, at this time, to drag/drop critical results.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That's working as intended - i.e. I haven't done any drag/drop functionality for critical records. The critical drag/drop functionality is only implemented for dragging from the critical chit directly to one target, which does the roll for the critical as well. There is currently no specific class for the critical result (it's just stored in a specific portion of the PC/NPC database). Hence why there is no ability, at this time, to drag/drop critical results.
    Gotcha, thanks.

Thread Information