DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 58 of 89 First ... 848565758596068 ... Last
    I can't seem to download this vehicle mod?? The page it takes me to doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by watters View Post
    I can't seem to download this vehicle mod?? The page it takes me to doesn't exist.
    I believe you are looking for this it's the Player Library 2.0 has all the equipment/vehicle libraries included. Do note it is a bit dated and newer books are not in the library yet.

As mentioned in the post, just before the old vehicle module link: "Older modules, now replaced by the v2.0 player library..."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there one link with all the SW materials for FG. I just want to ensure I find the most up to date modules. What I have loaded seems to be light on equipment, etc so I think it must be an earlier version?
    I think you've already followed the library data link from the first post to take you here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ibrary-modules

Post #1 has a "basic" player library module. Post #2 of that thread has links to the v2.0 player library and encounter module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry it just becomes confusing since there are links to links to links and many of those links don't work. I think I do have that player mod...and yes I guess it is a bit older. Thanks

I've been doing a ton of tinkering with the Library Mod and it works great. I discovered I needed some additional table lists (like one for careers) so added some code to the ref_equipment_lists.xml. I think it's good, but every time I zip the Star Wars EotE back together, it won't load... basically I recall it cannot find or load the base.xml file for the ruleset. Troubleshooting, I unzipped a clean rule set and just zipped it again (no changes, just unzip and rezip). I get the same issue.

So I don't know how to zip a rule set back together and make it work. I do change the "zip" to "pak" after compression. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Batei View Post
    So I don't know how to zip a rule set back together and make it work. I do change the "zip" to "pak" after compression. Any suggestions?
    Make sure you use standard ZIP compression, and ZIP all the files from within the ruleset directory (where the base.xml file is). Don’t ZIP from outside the directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Make sure you use standard ZIP compression, and ZIP all the files from within the ruleset directory (where the base.xml file is). Don’t ZIP from outside the directory.
    Oh my! LOL! Of course, the extra layer of zipping from outside the folder would create the disconnect. Where is the slapping forehead emoji? If I've learned anything this last week while learning XML, it's the most simplest things that you have to watch. Thanks Trenloe!

New question. I have built new tables in the Library that utilize weapons, items, armor, etc with no issue. Making a table for Talents (Genesys and /or Star Wars) as well as careers is posing a problem. There is nothing currently for careers in the system, so I started using the "ability" classtype one that was used for Species and Special Abilities just to test some things. The talent one has it's own classname type, but no previous tables. I thought I created the correct code in the "ref_equipment_lists.xml" for the tables, but they are not populating with the lines of data I'd expect. The tables pop up when I select them from the Library, and even the various different sections pop up (Tier 1, Tier 2) as well as the column headers (Activation, Ranked, Source). But no data populates. I do have the lists created in the Library for the items.

Do I need to create something else in the ruleset to make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Batei View Post
    New question. I have built new tables in the Library that utilize weapons, items, armor, etc with no issue. Making a table for Talents (Genesys and /or Star Wars) as well as careers is posing a problem. There is nothing currently for careers in the system, so I started using the "ability" classtype one that was used for Species and Special Abilities just to test some things. The talent one has it's own classname type, but no previous tables. I thought I created the correct code in the "ref_equipment_lists.xml" for the tables, but they are not populating with the lines of data I'd expect. The tables pop up when I select them from the Library, and even the various different sections pop up (Tier 1, Tier 2) as well as the column headers (Activation, Ranked, Source). But no data populates. I do have the lists created in the Library for the items.

Do I need to create something else in the ruleset to make it work?
    Not exactly sure where the issue might be. If data isn't populating, without any errors/warnings in the console (open the console if it's not already open), then double check that the data path you're passing in actually has some data in it. If the data is in a module, remember to append @<module name> to the database path.

A good way to see where a windowclass is looking for data is to put the following in an onInit function in the windowclass <script> - Debug.console("Windowclass db node = ", getDatabaseNode());

Thread Information