STAR TREK 2d20
Page 88 of 89 First ... 387886878889 Last
    I actually fixed it when I found a backup that works, but then it did it again just now. We're supposed to play Sunday, so I'm on another backup.

It looks as though it happens if I leave characters in the initiative tracker after a session. Not sure if it's player characters or NPCs, but I'm leaning toward PCs.

Here's the current broken file. I'm going to manually rebuild because we're supposed to play again Sunday, but I'll check back just in case. If not, no worries, but any information on the cause so I can prevent it in the future would be awesome.

Thank you, Trenloe.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P6R...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by BuWeiLong View Post
    I actually fixed it when I found a backup that works, but then it did it again just now. We're supposed to play Sunday, so I'm on another backup.

It looks as though it happens if I leave characters in the initiative tracker after a session. Not sure if it's player characters or NPCs, but I'm leaning toward PCs.

Here's the current broken file. I'm going to manually rebuild because we're supposed to play again Sunday, but I'll check back just in case. If not, no worries, but any information on the cause so I can prevent it in the future would be awesome.

Thank you, Trenloe.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P6R...ew?usp=sharing
    Try the attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That worked!

What was causing it? What can I do to avoid it in the future?

What was causing it?
    Two incomplete records in the initiativetracker section of the database.
    What can I do to avoid it in the future?
    I don't know what caused it, so don't know how to avoid it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well, dang. I appreciate the help regardless. I'm going to try removing all the characters at the end of the games to see if that helps.

Well, dang. I appreciate the help regardless. I'm going to try removing all the characters at the end of the games to see if that helps.
    I wouldn't go deleting and re-adding PCs. At some point there was an issue removing data from the initiative tracker - either another error caused some code to not fully complete or a certain process (unknown at this point) caused this to happen. It's not a common occurrence (i.e. it's happened 2-3 times that I'm aware of). If you can see actors in the initiative tracker then everything is probably OK.

Love the work so far by everyone! Was enjoying the fg classic version but we have migrated to Unity and I ran into an issue:

I am working on moving my players characters from classic to unity version. Working the inventory and running into an error: [ERROR] window: Control (encumberancethreshold_label) anchoring to an undefined control (encumberancethreshold) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory_contents)

Also, I noticed the ship icon in the upper left is now gone? Can I get that back somehow?

Welcome to the FG forums.

You can’t use this ruleset without errors and issues in Unity.

See the link under the big red writing in post #1 for further info. You’ll probably have to look at manually migrating to the Genesys ruleset being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums.

You can’t use this ruleset without errors and issues in Unity.

See the link under the big red writing in post #1 for further info. You’ll probably have to look at manually migrating to the Genesys ruleset being developed.
    My bad! Must have gotten my wires crossed with the Classic/Unity threads.

I have been looking through the posts prior, in order to download and use the most up to date Modules, Extensions, docs, rulesets, etc... and have even been able to install some. But I am finding that I probably am missing something. I currently get nothing but errors and cannot currently open my Star Wars Edge of the Empire campaign in Fantasy Grounds Unity. I find that many of the posts actually predate FGU, or appear to, so are they even compatible with FGU?

I have not yet been able to use this as part of a campaign, since I can't get it to open up anyway. So I am just trying to set everything up right now and find a starting point. But I think I have too many conflicts or maybe outdated mods and extensions, already in my system that needs purging.

So I need help.

To start, does anyone have a list or link within this string, where I can find all the up to date and current links and downloadables for this? Maybe even some up to date instructions on building my FGU campaign using this ruleset.

This is mostly me looking for an index or contents list so I don't have to go back through 879+ posts to find the 5 or 6 downloads I need to get started.

So I guess I am looking for (as I am sure are others) a quick reference list to all the most recent and up-to-date post links available.

Sorry if this sounds like I am repeating myself, but if this is something I want to do then I need to start right, and that begins with proper guidence.

Help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thread Information