STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... Last

Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny v2 ruleset

On this auspicious day, I thought it would be apt to release v2 of the Star Wars Edge of the Empire ruleset.

For Fantasy Grounds Classic only! Don't use for Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU)!

For Fantasy Grounds Unity version and testing information, please don't post in this thread but refer to the thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rk-in-progress

For Fantasy Grounds Classic

Download for the v2.1.1d ruleset:

Versions
    • v2.1.1d - really fix the vehicle critical issue. September 23rd, 2018.
    • v2.1.1c - bugfix for module data being displayed incorrectly in both campaign data lists and the lib. Bugfix for Vehicle critical roll into the chat window - reported here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post387410
    • v2.1.1b - Minor update to allow Genesys extension to remove SW options.
    • v2.1.1a - Bugfix for export issue reported in post #357 https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post334750
    • v2.1.1 - Minor update for some bugfixes, a couple of simple requests and adding force rating to PCs. Image resize functionality improvements. See here for more details: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post310303
    • v2.1 - Massive graphical update - thanks to amazing work from Lobosolo. Bugfix - dragging items from library raised error.
    • v2.0.1b - Bugfixes - PC init roll result not populating when newly added to the CT, credits not saving, long weapon name hid dice roll button.
    • v2.0.1a - Minor bugfix - fixes minionmanager error reported in post #8 - Star Wars Day, 2015.
    • v2.0.1 - Initial Release - Star Wars Day, 2015.

Library modules available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ibrary-modules

Extensions available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...set-extensions

Videos
    These videos may help you get started (you may need to download these video files locally in order to play them):

Dice pools and rolling dice
    PC entry
    Combat Tracker part 1
    NPCs

More to come covering: vehicles, chits, etc..

Complete session video from FG Con VI Thanks OTG_Wraith.

Version 2 has many changes/improvements over version 1. Some things you'll see in version 2 of the ruleset:
    • Added campaign preferences: Age of Rebellion (Warfare knowledge skill and duty), Force and Destiny (Lightsaber combat skill and morality) and Edge of the Empire (obligation). These are selected by default - disable the option to remove version specific objects.
    • Add lightsaber skill and other skills from Age of Rebellion (via campaign option). Currently, based off the Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny beta there are two additional skills: Knowledge (Warfare) and Lightsaber.
    • Copy NPC record to the combat tracker rather than link to the NPC list entry. This will allow multiple NPCs to be dragged to the combat tracker using the same NPC record.
    • Options to auto roll NPC initiative from the combat tracker. Include a radio control to select C (cool) or V (vigilance) for roll. Default is vigilance.
    • Provide critical injury functionality - both personal and vehicle.
    • Added minion support for the NPC sheet and the ruleset.
    • Added beta vehicle support to NPCs and PCs. This will undergo further development once v2 is released.
    • Redesign PC and NPC sheets to have name and token at the top of all tabs. This makes it easier to identify the PC/NPC when multiple windows are open.
    • Vertical resize added to PC and NPC window.
    • Career skill check added to skills list. Allows keeping track of career skills.
    • Update item fields to reflect EotE entries. e.g. Runes and Craftsmanship changed/removed.
    • Support for item attachments and modifications.
    • Move wound, stress and destiny chit markers so that they don't interfere with GM ID indicators.
    • Added Message of the Day functionality.
    • Redesigned wound and strain chits to support multiples and use/ignore soak.
    • Module exporting operational.
    • When player is playing multiple PCs, the activated character makes gunnery rolls from Party Starship in the group window.
    • Dice and result icons in text. See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post209786

Also a bunch of fixes/improvements.

A lot of the functionality improvements is to make the GM's work easier, better support some areas of the rules and to track PC and NPC data. This ruleset is still pretty automation light - the most you'll get is dragging wounds/strain/criticals onto characters. I have some ideas for doing some basic automation for common functionality in the (distant) future...

Some big news is that OggDude (creator of the amazing community Character Generator) has agreed to allow me to use the data packages he has put together to seed a library module. As usual, there are copyright limitations, so the data will be exactly as it appears in the character generator - statistics, labels/titles; but any descriptive text will not be included, but will be replaced with a page reference to the book/s where the item in question is detailed.

Very Old v1 campaigns

This will overwrite the previous ruleset - allowing you to run previous campaigns using the new ruleset. For GMs swapping from a v1 campaign to v2 please backup your campaign directory before running under v2 - you may encounter some minor errors that should go away after the relevant windows have been opened once.

If you've upgraded a campaign from v1:
    1. When you first run the campaign after upgrading, remove all entries from the combat tracker and re-add them.
    2. If you convert an NPC to a minion, open the skills tab after setting the NPC category to minion - this sets the minion skill check boxes and avoids minionmanager errors.

For Fantasy Grounds Classic only! Don't use for Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU)!
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 20th, 2022 at 23:53.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Screenshots and additional info shown in the v2 teaser thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ruleset-teaser!
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 7th, 2015 at 06:02.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Known issues:
    • In text dice symbols shown here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post209786 will only work in non-formatted body text (i.e. not bold, italic, heading, speech, etc. - just plain normal "body text" formatting). This is the way it works, no plan to fix as it would require graphical changes to multiple fonts and there is really no need to format the dice symbols anyway.
    • Dragging NPCs directly from library to the combat tracker produces errors. Reported here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post326743 Work around: Drag NPCs to personalities campaign data list first, then add to combat tracker. Issue identified - fix in private testing.
    • Only portraits stored in the top level <FG app data>\portraits directory are displayed. No .ppk portrait files (not available when this ruleset was first developed) or directories are displayed. TODO: Convert this to use the CoreRPG code/bag folders.
    • Library category headers when multiple modules open wouldn't correctly sort for one of the modules. Issue identified - fix in private testing.
    • InitiativeManager errors caused by various activities: when adding NPCs from a library, opening/closing modules when the Init tracker had been closed, selecting/releasing PCs when the init tracker had been closed. Issue identified - fix in private testing.
    • No library open/close book icon for players. Double-click on the module thumbnail image to open/close the module.
    • Modules using the more recent database naming convention won't display data - e.g. Recent map modules from the store, as these use image as the DB node name, not images

Resolved issues:
    1. Drag/drop of links to item description not working. Fixed in v2.1.1.
    2. GM can add dice into the dice pool viewer, but these don't add to the actual player dice pool. This was never intended, players should build their own dice pool. Drag/drop of dice to dice pool viewer needs to be disabled. Fixed in v2.1.1.
    3. Campaign option Dice -> Clear dice pool on drag doesn't work when deselected - i.e. dice pool is always cleared when a skill is added. Fixed in v2.1.1.
    4. Players drag/drop items get an error: Script Error: [string "managers/charactermanager.lua"]:318: attempt to concatenate a nil value. Fix in next release, info of fix here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post220867 Fixed in v2.1.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 23rd, 2018 at 03:27.

Feature Requests

• Options to display critical description text in chat window when crit rolled. Perhaps an extension that allows a GM to enter the critical descriptive text and the option enablement. Extension to allow editing the critical description outside of the ruleset created: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Text-extension Future update to the ruleset will display critical description in the chat window.
    • The ability to lock text fields.
    • And the ability to have decals in the center. Reason: making star wars like movie introtext on the middle of the screen to introduce games!
    • Include <button_image_folder /> in campaign image list to give direct access to directory for images. Consider including drag/drop functionality direct to image list window too.
    • Cater for vehicle attachments.
    • Drag/Drop critical results from the chat window to PC/NPC record.
    • GM destiny chit automation.
    • Vehicle damage drag/drop applies to vehicles.
    • Expand soak section to auto apply soak from worn armor. Add misc soak modifier.
    • Allow GM access to notes.
    • Allow player to GM whispers.
    • Change lightsaber skill name to be characteristic independent. Current work around: don't change the skill name from "Lightsaber (Br)" in the skill entry just change the characteristic in the skill to the one required. This will allow the combat tab entry to match through to the skill and use the correct characteristic to build the dice pool
    • Dice/skills/checks added to the hotkeys will roll directly, not add to the dice pool. They should add to the dice pool when selected.
    • Allow weapons with custom skill. e.g. Dead in the Water (AoR GM screen adventure) has a medical droid that uses Medicine as the skill for one if its attacks.
    • Ability to set weapon damage as stun.
    • Add the light/dark "Force Point" symbol from Force and Destiny to the font and character replacement code. Workaround: Use (+)/(-) for now.
    • Add damage tracker to weapon for when weapon is sundered or defective/suffers damage. Tracker: Undamaged, Minor, Moderate, Major.
    • The ability for characters to have multiple vehicles.
    • A separate ability template to categorize Force powers.
    • Create a way for the GM to put the difficulty, setback, and challenge dice into chat (or similar) in such a way that players can then drag that onto their dicepool.
    • Chat box expands onto new lines - like CoreRPG v3.1+ based rulesets. Request here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post325325
    • When adding actors to the combat tracker allow drag/drop on top of current actors to add new character to the combat tracker. Currently can only drag new actors to an empty section of the actor list.
    • Restrict CT linked tokens to only one map (like CoreRPG based rulesets) - if the token is dragged from the CT, if a linked token for that creature already exists then remove the old one. Dragging a linked token from one map to another should keep the link to CT.
    • Allow auto addition of dice results. i.e. a talent that auto adds 1 success to a check.
    • Create PC from NPC - i.e. GM drag/drop of NPC record to Character Selection window to create PC. This will allow players to fully control NPCs - and to quickly create a PC pregen if required.
    • Re-sizable small windows (talents, abilities, etc.).

Completed requests
    • Don't display NPC edit/drag-drop actions in player chat. In v2.1.1.
    • A Force Rating tracker on the character sheet with the ability to use it to add Force dice to the die pool. In v2.1.1.
    • Restore images to original size In v2.1.1.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 31st, 2019 at 19:48.

Placeholders or not, let me also wish you and everyone else a happy Star Wars Day!

May the Force Be With Us All
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thank You!!!

Why it's the bestest life day ever! *sniff* (Gives Trenloe a Wookiee-ookiee and a steaming mug of Hoth chocolate.)

and I had a skirmish session specially scheduled for tomorrow... err today.

Thanks for the work Trenloe.
    Last edited by OTG_Wraith; May 4th, 2015 at 08:15.

Life day... batteries not included, or in other words...

Found a bug.

When you enter a value into the new minion #/Group field you get this as an error.

Code:
    Script Error: [string "managers/minionManager.lua"]:14: attempt to index a nil value
    The same error pops up if you increment the current wounds for the minion past a per minion break point. (i.e. if you have 3 minions with 5 wounds per minion of the group, when you increment current wounds to 6, 11, and 16 that error pops up.)

I can't take a look at the lua right now since I'm only up at this hour for a work emergency, but once I get a chance, if you haven't already solved it, I'll take a look.

Edit: Another (minor) bug
    The Trees field on the talent object window overlaps its label if you put in too many specialties, and does not create new lines.

Edit2: Dragging a crit result from chat to the character sheet generates this error...

Code:
    Script Error: [string "managers/charactermanager.lua"]:318: attempt to concatenate a nil value
    Last edited by OTG_Wraith; May 4th, 2015 at 10:54.

Quote Originally Posted by OTG_Wraith View Post
    When you enter a value into the new minion #/Group field you get this as an error.

Code:
    Script Error: [string "managers/minionManager.lua"]:14: attempt to index a nil value
    The same error pops up if you increment the current wounds for the minion past a per minion break point. (i.e. if you have 3 minions with 5 wounds per minion of the group, when you increment current wounds to 6, 11, and 16 that error pops up.)
    This is caused when the minion skills haven't been selected/created. These are tied to the GUI controls and so are only created when the skills tab is opened. For a minion, open the skills tab once and make sure the check marks are down the left hand side and this error should go away for this NPC. I'll look into a way to auto-create these in future.

Edit: Another (minor) bug
    The Trees field on the talent object window overlaps its label if you put in too many specialties, and does not create new lines.
    I'm still debating whether to leave the trees field in there. OggDude's data doesn't have it, and as I'm going to be basing most of the library off his data going forward I'll probably just remove this field.

Edit2: Dragging a crit result from chat to the character sheet generates this error...

Code:
    Script Error: [string "managers/charactermanager.lua"]:318: attempt to concatenate a nil value
    It's not designed to work that way - drag the crit chit directly to the character sheet.combat tracker entry/linked token on the map.

At present all drag/drop actions are designed to be done directly to the target. The only current exception is the damage entry after a weapon skill roll. I've started incorporating more functionality into the result in the chat window, but there's a lot to change/update to make the chat window record the same as the original, so it probably won't get this functionality for a while.

Thread Information