FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 68 of 89 First ... 1858666768697078 ... Last
    Hello all,

New to FG, I'm a bit confused in setting this up. Do I need to download the library and extensions in addition to the pak file, or are both of those included in the pak file download?

starwarspak.png

Also in oggdudes, I have been able to go in and edit my data files to include the information. Is it possible to edit my data libraries in FG so that I don't have to keep re-entering in the information each time a create a character or add something new?

You need to download everything seperately.

The pak file goes into the ruleset folder. The .mod files to modules folder, and finally, the .ext files go into the extension folder. Once you start the campaign up, chose the star wars ruleset, and choose which extensions to use for that ruleset. The modules are loaded once the campaign is running.

Not quite sure about the second part of the question, but you can use /export to create modules. The only major problem is, if you create new talents and what not using npc sheets, is that the ruleset wants to throw all the data on to newly created NPC's in campaigns where you load said modules. It's an extremely annoying bug, which mostly can be fixed by creating a few new npc's.

Vires Animi
    Last edited by viresanimi; June 10th, 2019 at 15:31.

Welcome to the FG forums Ap0th1x!

As viresanimi has said, the files are separate. Only load the modules and extensions that you actually need - be aware of what of what you're activating, don't just load everything! This is especially true for extensions, as these modify the base ruleset code and running a lot of them can cause clashes/issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0th1x View Post
    Is it possible to edit my data libraries in FG so that I don't have to keep re-entering in the information each time a create a character or add something new?
    You can edit the XML data in the module directly, and therefore create your own customised library data. Some information on module files here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...erview#Modules They are basically a ZIP file of FG data - rename the file from .mod to .zip and you'll be able to open the file and see the data.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the info Vires and Trenloe, I'm excited about getting started. I've been running Pathfinder playtest and EotE on Roll20 and I'm finally to a point where r20 is just starting to irritate me with all it's little nuances. I went ahead and backed Unity, and I'm really looking forward to that being released later this year also... In the meantime I think I'm going to sub to the 10/$ FG package instead of the roll20 package I'm currently using.
    Last edited by Ap0th1x; June 10th, 2019 at 15:42.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I've made "battlemap" displaying the range bands and the difficulties each represent. My players seems to like it a lot, so I thought I would share. I have included an example and a link to the PDF file, for those that want to use their own backgrounds.

Attachment 26893

You can get the pdf file here.

Vires Animi
    This is actually a fantastic solution for when I don't have any maps but still want something to display! I just need to learn how to insert my own backgrounds

Quote Originally Posted by Camasi View Post
    I just need to learn how to insert my own backgrounds
    Just use it as a normal image - share with the players and then put the PC and NPC tokens on the image at the relevant ranges.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Just use it as a normal image - share with the players and then put the PC and NPC tokens on the image at the relevant ranges.
    Oh I know that. I have been using fantasy grounds for years. I meant changing the background Image/using the overlay on the image he/she provided via Photoshop or gimp

Quote Originally Posted by Camasi View Post
    Oh I know that. I have been using fantasy grounds for years. I meant changing the background Image/using the overlay on the image he/she provided via Photoshop or gimp
    Ah, sorry. Thanks for clarifying.

Without the original file used to create the image you're probably best off trying to create something similar from scratch in PS or GIMP!

Being the forgetful git that I am, I never put up the tokens I use for the battlemaps.

combat-token-example.jpg

The attachment below is a photoshop file (sorry, but that is what I use). The idea is that the number to the bottom left on the token is the soak of the character / npc. Relevant for breach which all lightsabers have. The other numbers are for defence (melee / ranged), so players can see what number of setback dice to use.

In the middle it's possible set up to marks for adversaries, so players can adjust their dicepool for that too (as you can see in the example above).

It's a visual aid I use to speed the game along and my players love it. I hope you guys can find some use for it too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2ft1pic0i...okens.psd?dl=0

Vires Animi

Here's a little "appreciation" post.

In another post, where someone wanted to shame Smiteworks, I mentioned the bugs and kinks you need to deal with and how frustrating it can be to know that this game and ruleset that I love, probably won't see much of an update for a while. But that doens't change the fact that I absolutely love Star Wars and is ever grateful that this was made in the first place!

I am currently running one of the funniest, craziest, emotionally deep, campaigns that I've done in a long long time with my friends, and it happens in Star Wars. And I am loving every moment of it.

I have spent a lot of time creating modules, tokens, battlemaps for our convenience and not a moment was wasted. I even managed to alter the theme I use for the game so the windows I wanted to be larger now are. All thanks to Trenloe giving me a tip of what to look for in the code. Sure it took me a while and a lot of trial an error went into it. But without the help I wouldn't have what I have now. Thanks!

Edge of the Empire is an underappreciated game, and it isn't helped by the fact that Fantasy Flight Games aren't allowed to sell it in any electronic form. Including pdf's. "Because that would be a video game and they don't have the rights for that". *FACEDESK*. Lawyers. The stupidity of legal rights doesn't change the fact that the star wars game is a modern game which fits very well with this universe. More should be playing it, if you ask me.

And if I didn't have this ruleset, I would never have discovered just how much fun this is. So here's a big hug to Trenloe and all the other guys who worked on it.

Vires Animi

Thread Information