FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 18 of 89 First ... 816171819202868 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ghalgor View Post
    I keep getting messages popping up on clipboard
    Runtime Error: Unable to save file(C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
    Database Notice: Campaign saved.

Any thoughts etc as it is getting very annoying.
    See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eps-Popping-Up
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just curious whether this could be added to the list of games in the unsupported community made list on the wiki?

Quote Originally Posted by llothos View Post
    Just curious whether this could be added to the list of games in the unsupported community made list on the wiki?
    It already is: "Star Wars: Edge of the Empire".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh I missed that. I didn't see it and I thought it was weird that it wasn't there. I just went to wiki and I see it now but I'm sure that list I saw must have been on a different page in the wiki and mistook it for the list of community made ruleset.

I am not sure what I was doing wrong today. We had our first session and only 1 person was able to see the player modules and we couldn't seem get combat targeting to work properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my players enjoyed it.

Moved the post from the library thread to the main ruleset thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ghalgor View Post
    I am not sure what I was doing wrong today. We had our first session and only 1 person was able to see the player modules and we couldn't seem get combat targeting to work properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my players enjoyed it.
    Targeting isn't implemented in this ruleset, and full targeting probably never will be. This ruleset is fairly automation light for a couple of reasons: 1) the nature of the dice pools means that a lot of results are pretty fluid, it's not just a "if you roll above 16 you hit the target" set of rules. 2) I'd rather concentrate on playability of the ruleset - adding in more base ruleset functionality such as the party sheet, expand vehicles, etc. than try to make this ruleset have a lot of automation. Automation takes a lot of coding and there are always exceptions to that coding.

So, you don't attempt to use targeting as you understand it in other rulesets. There are a couple of things covered with drag/drop functionality: 1) A weapon attack result (rolled from the combat tab, not directly from the skill) can be dragged from the chat window to a target to apply wounds, the target soak will reduce the wounds. 2) Wounds or strain can be dragged from the chits on the desktop to a target. Soak may apply depending on the setting on the chit - default is that soak applies to wounds but not to strain. 3) Criticals - drag a critical chit to the target, the ruleset will roll d100 for the critical and apply it to the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Moved the post from the library thread to the main ruleset thread.

Targeting isn't implemented in this ruleset, and full targeting probably never will be. This ruleset is fairly automation light for a couple of reasons: 1) the nature of the dice pools means that a lot of results are pretty fluid, it's not just a "if you roll above 16 you hit the target" set of rules. 2) I'd rather concentrate on playability of the ruleset - adding in more base ruleset functionality such as the party sheet, expand vehicles, etc. than try to make this ruleset have a lot of automation. Automation takes a lot of coding and there are always exceptions to that coding.

So, you don't attempt to use targeting as you understand it in other rulesets. There are a couple of things covered with drag/drop functionality: 1) A weapon attack result (rolled from the combat tab, not directly from the skill) can be dragged from the chat window to a target to apply wounds, the target soak will reduce the wounds. 2) Wounds or strain can be dragged from the chits on the desktop to a target. Soak may apply depending on the setting on the chit - default is that soak applies to wounds but not to strain. 3) Criticals - drag a critical chit to the target, the ruleset will roll d100 for the critical and apply it to the target.
    For the library modules, make sure every player has the same version of the library in their module folder for Fantasy Grounds, and make sure that the GM went into the module tab and dragged the green icon over to where the red one is at for the library to be viewed, and that the book icon is open on said library as well. Hope this helps Ghalgor.

Players should not need the libraries in their FG. They should see the ones shared by the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Players should not need the libraries in their FG. They should see the ones shared by the GM.
    That I didn't know. I always send the updates to my players and they have complained about not being able to see them on their end when the versions were different. I'll have to try it next time with them removing the libraries from the modules folder. Thanks ianmward!

Players (and only players) are seeing an error in initiativemanager.lua whenever the GM removes an NPC from the combat tracker, something to do with nil references and getWindows (sorry I don't have the exact line number or message; I know it's important - I'll get it next time he has his server up). Anyone else see this and know what causes it? There doesn't seem to be any weird behavior associated with it, we just see the message.
    -- Steve

Thread Information