Page 34 of 71 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last
  1. #331
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    22,572
    Quote Originally Posted by mudmonkey View Post
    Is this something that an extension could take care of, or pulling in chat box functions from another ruleset?
    Yes, both of those would work.

    It's not a case of me thinking this is too much work to put in the ruleset, it's a case of me queuing this up for a future release.


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  2. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yes, both of those would work.

    It's not a case of me thinking this is too much work to put in the ruleset, it's a case of me queuing this up for a future release.
    Wasn't implying that at all, I was wondering if it's something I could attempt Great to hear you'll incorporate it at some point, much appreciated. I'll report back if I manage to resolve something.

  3. #333
    Trenloe,

    I have something going on when using the ruleset; which, by the way, I really like.

    I am posting to you first, but in truth, it could actually not be related to a single ruleset as I have not been able to test it against other sets, when I explain the problem you will see why.

    Right, what happens is that I load FG, then load up the Star Wars Campaign. This campaign uses the following extensions and modules:

    1. Star Wars EotE Critical Text
    2. Star Wars EotE No Dice
    3. Star Wars Equipment Library.mod
    4. Star Wars GM Encounter Library.mod
    5. Star Wars Player Library new.mod
    6. Star Wars Player Library.mod
    7. Star Wars Starships and Vehicles.mod

    After a couple of hours, FG unexpectedly crashes. On reboot and reload of the campaign, this is confirmed by the messagebox saying the back up of the data is being reloaded.

    The closest to be able to provide any clue, is that on one occasion, I clicked on the background and the Console came up with a memory error. Unfortunately I didn't save it or copy it, but there were three error messages and one described the problem as out of memory error.

    I wonder if I have the wrong mods loaded or something else? Thought I should report it. You may already know of this one.

    I will load a different campaign of a different ruleset and leave it overnight and see if FG crashes, just to test if it goes across rulesets.

  4. #334
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    22,572
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblack1863 View Post
    Trenloe,

    I have something going on when using the ruleset; which, by the way, I really like.

    I am posting to you first, but in truth, it could actually not be related to a single ruleset as I have not been able to test it against other sets, when I explain the problem you will see why.

    Right, what happens is that I load FG, then load up the Star Wars Campaign. This campaign uses the following extensions and modules:

    1. Star Wars EotE Critical Text
    2. Star Wars EotE No Dice
    3. Star Wars Equipment Library.mod
    4. Star Wars GM Encounter Library.mod
    5. Star Wars Player Library new.mod
    6. Star Wars Player Library.mod
    7. Star Wars Starships and Vehicles.mod

    After a couple of hours, FG unexpectedly crashes. On reboot and reload of the campaign, this is confirmed by the messagebox saying the back up of the data is being reloaded.

    The closest to be able to provide any clue, is that on one occasion, I clicked on the background and the Console came up with a memory error. Unfortunately I didn't save it or copy it, but there were three error messages and one described the problem as out of memory error.

    I wonder if I have the wrong mods loaded or something else? Thought I should report it. You may already know of this one.

    I will load a different campaign of a different ruleset and leave it overnight and see if FG crashes, just to test if it goes across rulesets.
    Sorry to hear you're having issues. I don't think this has anything to do with the modules you have loaded.

    Is your operating system 32-bit or 64-bit?

    Immediately after FG crashes you can look in the FG app data directory for a console.log file - this will contain the error information. Unfortunately, it gets overwritten the next time you start FG so remember to look in it before restarting.

    What were you doing when FG crashed?

    Do you have large maps/images? The recommendation for FG maps/images it to keep them below 2048x2048 pixels in size.


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  5. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sorry to hear you're having issues. I don't think this has anything to do with the modules you have loaded.

    Is your operating system 32-bit or 64-bit?

    Immediately after FG crashes you can look in the FG app data directory for a console.log file - this will contain the error information. Unfortunately, it gets overwritten the next time you start FG so remember to look in it before restarting.

    What were you doing when FG crashed?

    Do you have large maps/images? The recommendation for FG maps/images it to keep them below 2048x2048 pixels in size.
    Thanks for the quick reply,

    64-bit and I was messing around with images at the time. The images were only tokens and a couple of small maps less than the above size in your reply. However I had a lot going on with running a video and opening pdfs.

    So I closed a few of the windows (still ran the stream) and there was no crashing. In fact, I left the machine on overnight with the campaign running and it was still there this morning. It was definitely related to the FG app as it didn't crash the whole computer and only closed FG, so it must have been something I did with the images. The only unusual behaviour by me was to overwrite an image with another one and rename that image and a couple other (in the directory, while FG was running).

    Whatever it was, it appears to have stopped. If it happens again, at some point in the future, I'll grab the log and report it.

    I just have to say, that this ruleset is absolutely a joy to use. In my opinion, if FFG ever make an agreement with FG, then they already have a ruleset in place.

    P.S. Fantasy Flight Games should note, this ruleset got me to buy the first core rulebook EotE, and I now intend to get them all, over time. It would also be great if they produced more PDFs (other than the free ones), or even better, started to allow content in FG.

    My guess, Electronic Arts have the Digitals Rights contract? So not happening for a long time...
    Last edited by joeblack1863; March 13th, 2017 at 10:18.

  6. #336
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    22,572
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblack1863 View Post
    My guess, Electronic Arts have the Digitals Rights contract? So not happening for a long time...
    Yep, unfortunately that even goes as far as PDFs of the products as they are electronic representations on a computer. Apparently the licensing agreements are still deep set in the 80s.


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  7. #337
    Trenloe,

    It just happened again. I was playing with initiative in the combat tracker (thinking about it I had this open during the previous crashes). Couple of things that happened (as it is not possible to match this to an action as it happens when you are not actively doing anything).

    1. I copied over a couple of thugs directly from the library to the combat tracker and got an error (index null) which I will copy over to you once I recreate it in the console.
    2. I fixed this by copying to the NPC area first and then to the combat tracker.
    3. I then removed all the npcs. I then added three black sun thugs from the npc area and all went well.
    4. I then switched from the app to Microsoft Edge to read your post. When I looked down for the FG app, it had gone.

    Can't see how to attach a file so here are the final entries in the log:

    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'die: type = dAbility.6, result = 6'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'TODO - Launch advantage info/spend window. Advantages = 1'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = updateactorinit'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'InitiativeManager.updateActorInitiative. characternode = initiativetracker.actors.id-00012, initiativecount = 0.01'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'Looking at current child: id-00010 comparing initiativetracker.actors.id-00010 with initiativetracker.actors.id-00012'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'Looking at current child: id-00002 comparing initiativetracker.actors.id-00002 with initiativetracker.actors.id-00012'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'Looking at current child: id-00001 comparing initiativetracker.actors.id-00001 with initiativetracker.actors.id-00012'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'Looking at current child: id-00011 comparing initiativetracker.actors.id-00011 with initiativetracker.actors.id-00012'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'Looking at current child: id-00012 comparing initiativetracker.actors.id-00012 with initiativetracker.actors.id-00012'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'initslotempty.xml - initslotinitiative.onValueChanged - starting...'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'initslotempty.xml - initslotinitiative.onValueChanged - ending...'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'die: type = dAbility.7, result = 7'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'TODO - Launch advantage info/spend window. Advantages = 1'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = updateactorinit'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'InitiativeManager.updateActorInitiative. characternode = initiativetracker.actors.id-00011, initiativecount = 1.01'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'Looking at current child: id-00010 comparing initiativetracker.actors.id-00010 with initiativetracker.actors.id-00011'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'Looking at current child: id-00002 comparing initiativetracker.actors.id-00002 with initiativetracker.actors.id-00011'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'Looking at current child: id-00001 comparing initiativetracker.actors.id-00001 with initiativetracker.actors.id-00011'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'Looking at current child: id-00011 comparing initiativetracker.actors.id-00011 with initiativetracker.actors.id-00011'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'initslotempty.xml - initslotinitiative.onValueChanged - starting...'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'initslotempty.xml - initslotinitiative.onValueChanged - ending...'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'die: type = dAbility.8, result = 8'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'TODO - Launch advantage info/spend window. Advantages = 2'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = updateactorinit'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'InitiativeManager.updateActorInitiative. characternode = initiativetracker.actors.id-00010, initiativecount = 0.02'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'Looking at current child: id-00010 comparing initiativetracker.actors.id-00010 with initiativetracker.actors.id-00010'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'initslotempty.xml - initslotinitiative.onValueChanged - starting...'
    [13.03.2017 16:07:39] Runtime Notice: s'initslotempty.xml - initslotinitiative.onValueChanged - ending...'
    [13.03.2017 16:09:21] Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    [13.03.2017 16:14:21] Database Notice: Campaign saved.

    The final two entries seem to suggest nothing was happening when it closed unexpectedly...

  8. #338
    Here is the console error that occurs when dragging an entry directly from the library (Black Sun Thug) and dropping it on to the combat tracker:
    Script Error: [string "managers/initiativemanager.lua"]:317: attempt to index a nil value
    Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshactorlist'
    Runtime Notice: s'wHandle class name = actornpc'
    Runtime Notice: s'actornpc.luanInit.'
    Runtime Notice: s'Actor NPC database node = initiativetracker.actors.id-00009'
    Runtime Notice: s'npc_category = minion'

  9. #339
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    22,572
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblack1863 View Post
    4. I then switched from the app to Microsoft Edge to read your post. When I looked down for the FG app, it had gone.
    Hhhmm, clutching at straws, but I wonder if this may be causing the problem. There have been reports of issues with graphics drivers clashing with the DirectX v9 system FG uses - it's the main reason that the ability to minimise FG was removed as it caused all sorts of graphics subsystem issues. Because I don't see you doing anything that would specifically cause an issue.

    One thing to look at is the amount of memory FantasyGrounds.exe is using in Windows task manager - if it gets towards 3GB then this might be the cause, but I doubt you're getting anywhere near that.


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  10. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Hhhmm, clutching at straws, but I wonder if this may be causing the problem. There have been reports of issues with graphics drivers clashing with the DirectX v9 system FG uses - it's the main reason that the ability to minimise FG was removed as it caused all sorts of graphics subsystem issues. Because I don't see you doing anything that would specifically cause an issue.

    One thing to look at is the amount of memory FantasyGrounds.exe is using in Windows task manager - if it gets towards 3GB then this might be the cause, but I doubt you're getting anywhere near that.
    That sounds familiar, when investigating the last time, I had Chrome and Edge open and was accessing both when the crashes happened. With dual monitor system, I was moving the windows from on screen to the other, often minimizing and restoring over the top of FG.

    The last crash I noticed after I had detached a tab from an open Edge browser and moved it on top of FG and then maximised it..

    I was checking the memory while the game was open, it varied from 200mb climbing at one point to 900mb, but at no point did it crash. I could run perfmon maybe to catch the actual activity; nothing in the event logs.

    I'll keep an eye on it, but I think it is a bit too slippery to catch at the moment. As a work around I will just be careful with my multi-tasking when using FG.

    Until I can replicate it, there is not much point bothering you with it further :-)
    Last edited by joeblack1863; March 13th, 2017 at 18:31.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in