DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 33 of 89 First ... 2331323334354383 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Normally you'd just drag a record link to the "Description" section of the item. However, this doesn't appear to be working - the formattedtext control isn't accepting drag/drop of links. Logged as an issue in post #3, let me look at that...
    I am getting ready to launch my online campaign, and currently setting it up in Roll20 because of the ease of importing pictures, however I miss the FG2 functionalities.

How do you guys currently use pictures/maps and tokens? For example, you want to set up a space battle with a bunch of z95.
    Are you not getting enough Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd or Star Wars Edge of the Empire? Are you curious about playing them online? Join the FFG Virtual RPG board!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceodryn View Post
    I am getting ready to launch my online campaign, and currently setting it up in Roll20 because of the ease of importing pictures, however I miss the FG2 functionalities.
    I'm surprised your reason for running on Roll20 was the ease of importing pictures. I'd be interested to hear what the differences are around this?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Not sure how it gets much easier than dragging a photo into the images folder (or the window on screen)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Not sure how it gets much easier than dragging a photo into the images folder (or the window on screen)?
    Only the former is supported in this ruleset. But, yeah, still pretty easy to import pictures...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm surprised your reason for running on Roll20 was the ease of importing pictures. I'd be interested to hear what the differences are around this?
    Yes, it wasn't fair of me to limit it to one statement as there were other factors, but the ability to take a pic from anywhere and drop it onto the window is one of them. Overall my current situation was:
    - Ease of recruiting players
    - Multi-platform (Mac, PC, Tablet)
    - Ease of working on the campaign from any place (like work)
    - Ease of integrating music (Although in hindsight FG2 may do better now that I learned some tips)

Don't get me wrong, FG2 is an awesome product. I have the ultimate license and love the software, but sometimes moving players onto it isn't the easiest sell. I will propose my players to test it and compare it to Roll20 however, which is why I was going back to the token to library link.
    Are you not getting enough Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd or Star Wars Edge of the Empire? Are you curious about playing them online? Join the FFG Virtual RPG board!

Yes, it wasn't fair of me to limit it to one statement as there were other factors, but the ability to take a pic from anywhere and drop it onto the window is one of them. Overall my current situation was:
    - Ease of recruiting players
    - Multi-platform (Mac, PC, Tablet)
    - Ease of working on the campaign from any place (like work)
    - Ease of integrating music (Although in hindsight FG2 may do better now that I learned some tips)

Don't get me wrong, FG2 is an awesome product. I have the ultimate license and love the software, but sometimes moving players onto it isn't the easiest sell. I will propose my players to test it and compare it to Roll20 however, which is why I was going back to the token to library link.
    I don't like using Roll 20, but I agree with you that Roll 20 has an excellent group finder. I hope that FG makes a better group finder soon. I can put a Star Wars game up on Roll20 and have plenty of Players by the end of the day. I'd just have to convince them to switch over to Fantasy Grounds.

... which is why I was going back to the token to library link.
    OK, I wasn't quite sure what your question was asking: "How do you guys currently use pictures/maps and tokens? For example, you want to set up a space battle with a bunch of z95."

Guessing that you're asking for the process to link characters and starships, I'd follow this process:
    1. Download Miekael's excellent library modules from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post241032 and activate them in your library.
    2. Create NPC/PC entries for the relevant pilots. You can drag library NPC records from the Adversaries section of the library. Open the NPC record/s and add a token.
    3. Drag the z95 entry from the Starships -> 01 Starfighters section of the library to the Campaign vehicles. Open that record and drag a token to it.
    4. Open the NPC/PC record created in step #1 and click on the "Vehicle" tab. Drag the x95 entry from step #2 and drop it on the sheet.
    5. Add the NPC/PC records to the combat tracker (CT).
    6. Click the "Show Vehicles" checkbox at the bottom of the CT.
    7. Drag the starfighter tokens for each of your ships from the CT to your map.

You now have your NPC and PCs all in the combat tracker with their vehicles attached to them. Starfighter tokens on the map that are linked to the relevant NPC/PC pilot record in the CT.

New user for FG here, loving it so far. First off, thanks for all the hard work that has gone in to this ruleset. I'm getting ready to run a game using FG and the Star Wars ruleset. On to my question:

Is there a way to get the chat input box to wrap with text and expand as you type, like it does in other rulesets? The game I'm going to be running will be text based and typing out long RP or story text without being able to see more than a single line is a problem at the moment.

I don't mind messing with settings if that's what's required. But if for some reason it's not possible, due to the dice box or something I need to know.

Thanks for the help in advance, and again for all the effort, loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by mudmonkey View Post
    Is there a way to get the chat input box to wrap with text and expand as you type, like it does in other rulesets? The game I'm going to be running will be text based and typing out long RP or story text without being able to see more than a single line is a problem at the moment.
    It's something that hasn't been raised before. I'll add it to the things to look at list, but it won't be looked at for a while.

If you're typing out long text a work around is to type it in a story entry, right-click and change it to a chat frame then click the chat button to add it directly to chat. OR type in a story entry, select all the text and drag/drop (or cut/paste) to the chat entry window and press enter.

It's something that hasn't been raised before. I'll add it to the things to look at list, but it won't be looked at for a while.

If you're typing out long text a work around is to type it in a story entry, right-click and change it to a chat frame then click the chat button to add it directly to chat. OR type in a story entry, select all the text and drag/drop (or cut/paste) to the chat entry window and press enter.
    Thanks for the quick reply Trenloe, much appreciated. I'll look at those options for now. Is this something that an extension could take care of, or pulling in chat box functions from another ruleset? (Does it show that I have no real idea how these work... yeah sorry )

Thread Information