FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 19 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    I've created a couple of videos that show how to add your own data to libraries for this ruleset - links below. these are Full HD and show detailed text so you may find it easier, and better quality, to download the videos and play them locally.

See this video for steps on how to add to an existing library module: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x86mpzyg5p...pdate.mp4?dl=1

This shows how, in less than 10 minutes, you can add entries into the existing player module, available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post336494

It shows how you can copy/paste existing entries as examples and enter the data for the new record. Don't be put off by this not being in a spreadsheet or fancy database GUI - the information is a database format, using industry standard XML, and it's really just a case of copy/paste and change the data that's needed. I show this for two example talents in the video. The only "IT skills" you need are being able to extract a ZIP file, copy/paste plain text, re-zip a file and rename it (change the file extension).

If you'd rather create data in the FG interface, see this video (that expands on the first video) for further details on how to enter data directly into the FG interface and then export for use in modules: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3f3asjswx...xport.mp4?dl=0
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry if this has been covered. I've been digging though the forums for an answer but haven't come across one: in the Players Libray module, version 2.0 in the description of items the die symbols are replaced with accented characters. Capture.PNG How do I get those to revert back to die symbols?

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered. I've been digging though the forums for an answer but haven't come across one: in the Players Libray module, version 2.0 in the description of items the die symbols are replaced with accented characters. Capture.PNG How do I get those to revert back to die symbols?

Thanks for any help.
    Disregard. Forgot to turn off the 14 point font extension. I knew that only Star Wars EotE extensions could be loaded. I'll leave this here for the anyone else who might be having the same problem. In short, unload all extensions except those specifically written for this ruleset.

So I have started inputting the data from the books into the "See page XXX of XXX) references. I completed the Player's Library before realizing I did not check to see if all the books were accounted for in the module. Which books are not represented in the Players Library and the GM Encounter Library? Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    So I have started inputting the data from the books into the "See page XXX of XXX) references. I completed the Player's Library before realizing I did not check to see if all the books were accounted for in the module. Which books are not represented in the Players Library and the GM Encounter Library? Thanks for any help.
    I can't tell you which books specifically are not included, but the library is old so most of the books are not included. I think it just have some of the starter books.

According to the post with the link to the library download: "We have talents updated through Forged in Battle."

So if you can find a release schedule somewhere that will give you an idea of what's in the module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For anyone who might be interested, I've deep dived the db.xml and found that the Player library is pretty thorough, at least containing "see page XX... references.

The missing sourcebooks are:
    EotE - No Disintegrations
    AoR - Cyphers & Masks, Fully Operational
    FaD - Nexus of Power, Disciples of Harmony

Adventures (which possibly have no additional data anyway) - Beyond the Rim, Onslaught at Arda I, Friends Like These, and Ghosts of Dathomir

All of the ERA sourcebooks - Dawn of Rebellion, Rise of the Separatists, Allies and Adversaries, Collapse of the Republic, Gadgets and Gear, and obviously Starships and Speeders

So, Encounter Module, Starship Module, GM Module, etc...they are all in one module, is that correct?

I would like to receive your updated files, please. Send to this e-mail [email protected].

Thread Information