5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Really weird connection problem

So I am able to create a table on Fantasy Grounds, and have everyone outside of my LAN connect, but anyone that is on my Network is unable to connect to the game at all. I have Port 1802 opened up on the host computer

Blog Entries
    You need to also forward port 1802 on your router to your local computer on the same port.
    You may be able to do this with UPnP or you may have to define the rule specifically.
    Shout if you get stuck.

That's the confusing part. If I set it up to port forward on my router's IP, (192.168.x.x), and attempt a connection test, it fails every time.

Blog Entries
    ive got 20mins to help you right now - sending you a PM.

Players on your local network must use the internal IP address. They can't use the alias which is for people connecting over the Internet.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    The OPs 2nd PC has a networking issue. Other devices are working ok.

Yea. I still can't figure it out for the life of me, but the issue is one computer not communication to another for some reason.
    Last edited by RuleofThree; April 25th, 2015 at 18:39.

I saw something like that where for some reason the DHCP server didn't work right - something was wrong with the range of address - so a local number was being shared by two devices.

I noticed that the DHCP is assigning machines multiples IPs, I'm just unsure of how to fix it yet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RuleofThree View Post
    I noticed that the DHCP is assigning machines multiples IPs, I'm just unsure of how to fix it yet
    You are getting multiple IPs for the same machine because you have connected via both WiFi and LAN. DHCP assigns an IP address to the Adaptor (via MAC address) not to the machine. Because you are using a laptop you have been assigned more than 1 IP address.
    You should only ever connect via one or the other at the same time.

Thread Information