Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Star Wars: Edge of Empire - Looking for Players, Tue 20:00 CEST

Having recently gotten the chance to play a session in the new Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG at FG Con I am now interested in running a game with the already pretty decent ruleset developed for it (to use those strange dice in a VTT environment - Kudos to Trenloe, btw).

I am looking for a few brave souls to play Edge of Empire, Out Rim style. I'd be playing one or two Tuesdays from 20:00 to 23:00 CEST (That's Central European Summer time, or 1800 UTC afaik). What I am looking for in you is roleplayers who love to work up a believable character and make the Star Wars world come alive. Rules (knowledge is/) are strictly of secondary important.

Caveat #1: There are no PDFs for the Star Wars RPG books, and the information for extra races and classes is a bit spread out. I do own the books I need (way not all of them yet), but making the characters you either already have at least a core rulebook (Edge of Empire, but Age of Rebellion works the same way, basically) or work closely with me to get a character done. That being said: You don't need any rulebooks, we can work things out in a character building session, but then you should at least look at the free characters to get an idea.

Caveat #2: Due to Copyright issues the Fantasy Grounds Ruleset only contains the mechanics for the game, aka it is "empty", meaning I'll have to enter all information we need manually. In other words: There is no library to look up rules and I'll have to do that in an analogue fashion (aka have the books on my desk while playing).

Caveat #3: While I do enjoy a good Sci-Fi setting, I am not a Star Wars geek. My knowledge of this specific universe is limited to the movies (and I don't remember much of Episode 2 or 3) and the surprisingly entertaining Star Wars Rebels animated series. So expect me to break a few things - consider my Star Wars universe to be in a close but slightly alternate dimension.

Well, here is how it would all start:

The job offer had been brief:

Experienced Starship crew needed for short time transfer assignment at excellent rates.

Prominent local enterprise is entertaining to hire a crew of experienced starfarers for straight one-way transfer of purchased spacecraft. Payment according to qualifications plus bonus due to short-term assignment. Further employment possible.

Positions to be filled:

* Starship Captain
    * Starship Officer - Helmsman
    * Starship Officer - Astrogation
    * Starship Officer - Engineering
    * Starship Officer - Communications
    * Chief Security Officer

As I own the Fantasy Grounds Ultimate license, you don't have to pay anything.

Anybody interested?
    Savage Musketeer Roleplaying with a horrific twist: All for One - Régime Diabolique for Savage Worlds is available on the FG store now!

I'd be interested to give it a go.

I am interested! Have some of the books, including core rule books. :-)

I'll join
    Timezone: UTV -08:00 Pacific Time.
    For those of you who want the best custom tokens for your games and character I recommend seeing Devin.
    Games. Pathfinder. Savage Worlds. Castles and Crusaders. Pathfinder 2. Discord: JudgementKiss#4907. Paizo Games.

Blog Entries
    Judgement - you are aware that this is set to weekday evening in Europe, correct? That would make it something like 12 o'clock noon in Nevada.

Doesn't mean you aren't welcome ;-).

Everybody: If you already have a preliminary idea what you want to play - and which (can be multiple) of the roles above your character could fill, shoot it to me via PM. The one condition I have: Ultimately there should be a reason for the character to be loyal to a group. Doesn't have to be immediately - trust builds with time after all, but I don't want any character sabotaging the group earnestly (unless I make an adventure around such circumstances depending on Obligation or such).

In other words: No assholes as PCs ;-).
    Savage Musketeer Roleplaying with a horrific twist: All for One - Régime Diabolique for Savage Worlds is available on the FG store now!

Blog Entries
    Hey guys - I am a bit overwhelmed by you enthusiasm!

Some clarifications: For now I'd like to stick with Edge of the Empire plus published products that I own (which likely will be all next week, the way this is going ).

In theory it's possible to play an Age of Rebellion career, but there should be a good reasoning.

All of you are people who have star-travel related skills (which is why you responded to that add - you believe you fit the profile). What I am interested in now is concepts - shot paragraphs on what your character is, what motivates him, what his goals are, going from there. What makes your character respond to the ad, what position is he to fill.

Quick question, AstaSyneri. You mentioned one or two Tuesdays. Does that mean you're planning this as a short mini-adventure to last a couple sessions? Or are you planning for this to be an ongoing campaign that would meet one or two Tuesdays per month? Thanks!!
    Timezone: GMT+7
    Fantasy Grounds License Type: Standard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    Quick question, AstaSyneri. You mentioned one or two Tuesdays. Does that mean you're planning this as a short mini-adventure to last a couple sessions? Or are you planning for this to be an ongoing campaign that would meet one or two Tuesdays per month? Thanks!!
    Both is possible. If we are having fun together, I don't mind making it a "campaign", however long that maybe. For now I'd like to get a group together, and have a beginning adventure. If the group gels, I'd see doing 1-2 Tuesdays per month.

We won't play next Tuesday, but I'll be online to chat with all of you who'd like to discuss their characters and how they fit the group. I have only skimmed over the concepts, but at first glance they are all incredibly similar ;-). We'll need some fixing there! :P

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    We won't play next Tuesday, but I'll be online to chat with all of you who'd like to discuss their characters and how they fit the group. I have only skimmed over the concepts, but at first glance they are all incredibly similar ;-). We'll need some fixing there! :P
    That would be great... Please post or pm details for the online chat :-)

I will be looking forwards to be playing with you all.
    Timezone: UTV -08:00 Pacific Time.
    For those of you who want the best custom tokens for your games and character I recommend seeing Devin.
    Games. Pathfinder. Savage Worlds. Castles and Crusaders. Pathfinder 2. Discord: JudgementKiss#4907. Paizo Games.

Thread Information