STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Modifier extension

Hi All,

I've attached a small extension that I put together with Dakadin's help (h/t for answering my questions - its greatly appreciated). The extension creates a panel of buttons that add difficulty modifiers to the modifier stack. Its built for RMU rather than RMC but should work all the same, there are just a few fewer difficulties. I hope you find it useful.

Cheers
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Well done Chris_Seal!

Blog Entries
    Nice.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Great job Chris!
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I'm glad you found it useful.

Cheers
    Chris

NICE! Thanks!

Can I ask for a change to this all ready ? Maybe its just me, but I find it strange that you can stack modifiers... both the same modifier more than once but also others. For me the logic would be that you will choose one and only one modifier, so if I choose eg Easy, and click hard, it changes to hard and only hard. But it might just be me, and the extension is still very nice . Will definitely use it as it is .

Hi Tiqon,

I know what you mean - I'm looking into it but not sure whether or not I can identify the individual modifiers on the modifier stack. In the meantime, if you select the wrong difficulty there are a series of gold coloured dots that appear under the modifier 'globe'. If you hover over the dots you can find the one that says Difficulty:XXX and a left click will cancel that particular modifier.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
    Chris

Thanks for answering Cris! I know it can be hard to figure out all that! I have tinkered a bit myself, but have yet to manage to get anything to work, hah ! I must admit I have not had THAT much motivation to do it, beside wanting to add some of my own houserules... but it can be overwhelming, and I was even once a developer (though never worked with LUA, and not much with XML). I mostly got Dakadin to do my work for me, hehe. He's just too fast and too good .

Me: "Hey Dakadin, I thought about doing [something], could you help me get started?"
    Dakadin, 1 hour later : "Here I made it for you".
    Me: "Thanks...."

Sorry Dakadin . You know I admire you! (and I must admit my last rambling to him about making some stuff, he promised me to just help, So nothing has been crated... hehe. I have just been to busy and lazy to work on it ).

Anyhow, I have played a bit PF and noticed the dots that are used in PF too (as I remember). Like I said its not a big deal, but could be something to look into when you feel like tinkering again .

LOL. I have a few ideas of how this could be done. I will try to take a look at it later tonight when I get off work.
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information