Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    delete everything in the <FG App data> directory and try an update again (running as Administrator). If that fails, check the settings window and see where the "Data Directory" is pointing to.
    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    the two most likely places are:

%appdata%\Fantasy Grounds yes actually type in the %bits too in the explorer window
    and
    C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds

MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

THIS IS THE FIX

OK - so last night I figure this out...

When you change your .pak RULESET file into a zip > then uncompress > work on files > then rezip (STOP)

This is where the issue lay - RIGHT HERE when you go to zip the folder back up

By default windows takes the root folder your RIGHT CLICKing on to zip and places that under a sub folder - you need to go into your root folder where all your rule set subfolders and namely .base.xml FILE RESIDE then select ALL THOSE FILEs > then zip them to a ZIP FILE - that right there is the fix for this error!

Again by default windows ZIPs your folder into a subfolder WITHIN the actual zip itself - thats why FG can't load the base.xml

Hope this helps!

Stay GAMING
    Morbid

Believe it or not someone rediscovers this problem every month or two.

Thanks for posting Morbid-Don

That can certainly be one of the causes. In the end, it can be caused by a few things, but is all down to the fact that FG thinks there's a ruleset present, but that ruleset .pak (or directory) doesn't contain the data it needs. Files are missing or corrupt, someone packaged the ruleset .pak incorrectly (it's not a windows issue, it's the format FG expects - you need to ZIP from within the ruleset directory no matter which operating system you're on), etc..

Glad you got your particular issue sorted out.
    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

GREAT! Thanks. This solved it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Get them to delete 5E.pak from the <FG App Data>\rulesets folder and then run an update. They need to download the correct version of 5E.pak in order to: 1) reduce the download time from you (they'll use the ruleset file locally) and 2) To have a correct, uncorrupted ruleset.

Also, make sure that your campaign name doesn't contain : (colon) or other strange characters.
    GREAT! Thanks. This solved it for me.

Hi ya'll. Having the base.xml error. I've been trying for a while now and I can't get the archive to be accepted by FG. I followed along with what Morbid-Don wrote as the fix but it still fails. As a test I simply unpacked the ruleset and re archived it.

This is my path when I 'Open archive' the newly zipped 5E.pak ruleset using 7-Zip.
    C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets\5E.pak\.

In short, my archived 5E.pak file and the original look identical in every way except one works and one does not ;-)

Blog Entries
    You probably included the 5e folder when you zipped, you cant do that. Zip the contents only.

Current Projects: Ultimate Undermountain (NYDUM)
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets
    DMsGuild Content: Balance Disturbed (Adventure), Dungeon Room Descriptions
    FG Product Reviews: Virtual Scribe Reviews

I know that is a common mistake but I didn't inc. the 5E folder in the zip, just the folders and files inside it.

Blog Entries
    Why are you unpacking and repacking the ruleset?
    What is the end game?

When you say you used 7zip - did you archive it with anything other than straight zip compession?

MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

Thread Information