5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Player gets Error: Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)

This is her first time playing with Fantasy Grounds.
    I own Ultimate license, she downloaded free and uses windows 8 on her machine.
    At first she was getting the Error1.jpg attached file.

Then I told her to run FG as admin, seemed to solve it but then she got Error2.jpg attached file.

I have a shitty upload and each try takes 15 minutes and I have no idea what else to do.

Get them to delete 5E.pak from the <FG App Data>\rulesets folder and then run an update. They need to download the correct version of 5E.pak in order to: 1) reduce the download time from you (they'll use the ruleset file locally) and 2) To have a correct, uncorrupted ruleset.

Also, make sure that your campaign name doesn't contain : (colon) or other strange characters.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In addition, it could be a permissions issue. Make sure that she is running FG with the same user with admin rights who installed the files. Or change the data directory to a public directory (such as C:\Program Data\Fantasy Grounds\) and re-update.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks a lot for the swift answer guys. I'll check with her tonight.

It really solved my problem, thanks a lot!

I'm getting this problem too and can't find the rulesets folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrados View Post
    I'm getting this problem too and can't find the rulesets folder.
    Open FG. Click the folder button in the top right, open the "rulesets" directory in the Windows explorer that is opened when you press the folder button.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

There isn't one. Just Cache and patchnotes, steam.api and launcher

Quote Originally Posted by Matrados View Post
    There isn't one. Just Cache and patchnotes, steam.api and launcher
    Sounds like they haven't completed a proper update.

They should load FG and click "Check for Updates" or "Update Available" (the bottom left button of the first screen). If this doesn't do anything, exit FG and run as administrator (right-click on the startup icon and select "Run as Administrator" - then do an update).

Ran as administrator, updated, entered username and host address clicked start. Big box that said runtime error unable to save file to cache please restart and clear cache. I keep doing this but nothing helps.

Thread Information