5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Personally I don't think it's acceptable for a retail module to contain letter tokens for NPCs. It looks poor and hurts immersion.

There are many custom token sites out there, surely the company that made this module for FG could've sourced an artist with the lure of ongoing work.

Blog Entries
    It is using official Wizards material only. If the MM and the Module didnt have artwork for an Actor then it isnt included...

Blog Entries
    There are some folks on ENWorld asking people how the first few adventures played on FG. If anyone here has experiences, good or bad, that they want to share for others there, you can have an impact. The link is on the main page of ENWorld in the first few posts.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It is using official Wizards material only. If the MM and the Module didnt have artwork for an Actor then it isnt included...
    Right.

I bought it, but chucking down A's and B's onto a map looks rubbish. If it's wizards fault they need to sort their **** out, parsed books are better than theirs.

There is plenty of artwork available in the print editions that hasn't been included in these modules (MM and PotA). Expecting quality when purchasing something for the second time from a company shouldn't be something that is seen as asking too much.
    Last edited by Koreapsu; July 2nd, 2015 at 07:26.

Wiz should have a high quality top-down token made at the same time that they have a mini made, and I'm sure that in the fullness of time, they will. Keep in mind, though, that until a few months ago they had no digital strategy at all. Even now, Wiz only provides SmiteWorks with the digital file they sent to the printer. The actual Fantasy Grounds module is put together from the text and artwork by Zeus. Even if SmiteWorks was inclined to add high quality tokens, I would rather they hold off on that for now, since they're still catching up to the physical product releases. As long as it takes to get Wiz to sign off on the finished module now, I would hate to see how much extra time it would take for them to approve every monster token.

These WotC products are being improved and tweaked, with updates rolled out regularly. While there is room for improvement, we're in a much better place with 5e support than we were last year.

What I'm really looking forward to is the inevitable tool that lets you build a token using an interface like a CRPG character creator.

I'd rather content was released in a finished state rather than the common practice of "we'll patch it in later". I didn't buy the module (that I have also already bought in book form previously) to play it at some later date when tokens are added and it's actually complete. I'm buying it to play now.

Anyone reading other gaming forums should've seen by now the single biggest complaint people have about these official modules on FG is that they've already paid for the print versions, imagine the reaction of these people when finally convinced to purchase a product only to find out the product was rushed, full of errors (did WotC even read it?), and incomplete.

Yeah we can fix it on the fly, but we paid for it (twice) - should we have to then do a repair job?

Blog Entries
    So what do you use for your tokens when you did your parsed version for something like the assassin token? When you bought the physical version, are you mad that it didn't come with physical miniatures for every NPC and with sufficient quantities? One of the common misconceptions with digital products is that they are somehow cheaper to produce than physical products. The greatest costs for these (physical or digital) is the creative personnel cost to create all the stories, game design, artwork, etc. Just like there is a secondary market for companies to produce physical minis for use with adventure modules, there is a secondary market for artists to make miniature packs that can be used to further enhance your experience. Companies like Fiery Dragon Press, ArcKnight Games or Devin Night Productions all put together mini packs that can fill gaps like these. Whether or not you paid for it twice is up to you.

I don't think people can complain when there isn't 'more' in the digital module than the physical, as D says, you wouldn't expect your paper copy to come with tokens and figures. Same with things like the links to the items in the digital module, where there are new items they have a linked picture, where they are DMG items they have a link to the yet to be announced DMG. Very fair .....

But... there are a lot of par5ing spelling errors, and you are kind of asking the community to proof these documents they are paying for, and report back to you so you can fix and re-update - if this was a physical version (and the prices are comparable) then it would be unacceptable to have errors in the text of a written module, so why would you expect them in one you just paid for . Longer tern you need to spend a little more time on proofing. I know you are playing catch up, but there is a delay between physical release and digitial release ... you would expect that 'holding' time to be in testing and proofing before charging people
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

Ironically you misspelled something in you post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreapsu View Post
    Right.

I bought it, but chucking down A's and B's onto a map looks rubbish. If it's wizards fault they need to sort their **** out, parsed books are better than theirs.

There is plenty of artwork available in the print editions that hasn't been included in these modules (MM and PotA). Expecting quality when purchasing something for the second time from a company shouldn't be something that is seen as asking too much.
    If I have missed any relevant artwork that is included in the published rulebooks and adventures from WotC from the digital FG module editions then this is unintentional and please accept my apologies. I work from the digital archives that WotC make available to us and so in most cases the majority of the cases the artwork is readily accessible although it is possible on occasion for specific images to be excluded/missed. Therefore please feel free to contact me directly (via PM) or via the bug thread in the 5E forum to report specific missing images - I will work as quickly as I can to rectify.

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    Wiz should have a high quality top-down token made at the same time that they have a mini made, and I'm sure that in the fullness of time, they will. Keep in mind, though, that until a few months ago they had no digital strategy at all. Even now, Wiz only provides SmiteWorks with the digital file they sent to the printer. The actual Fantasy Grounds module is put together from the text and artwork by Zeus. Even if SmiteWorks was inclined to add high quality tokens, I would rather they hold off on that for now, since they're still catching up to the physical product releases. As long as it takes to get Wiz to sign off on the finished module now, I would hate to see how much extra time it would take for them to approve every monster token.

These WotC products are being improved and tweaked, with updates rolled out regularly. While there is room for improvement, we're in a much better place with 5e support than we were last year.

What I'm really looking forward to is the inevitable tool that lets you build a token using an interface like a CRPG character creator.
    In fairness to WotC the MM contains artwork for the vast majority of the NPCs it includes, there are not very many that are missing (mainly regular beasts). Having said that we include everything they give us and so if more can be made available we will of course update the modules as soon as. I will speak to Doug about it.
    For adventures like PotA, again I think that WotC have done a great job - again a great number of the major NPCs/monsters have supporting artwork (and therefore a token), from what I can see the majority of NPCs missing tokens are either minor to the story line or are regular humanoids and therefore perhaps we can simply introduce some generic human character tokens - again I'll have to talk to Doug who will have to talk to WotC.

For token tools I currently use the Photoshop which I find fits all my needs, if your looking for something a little easier and more focused, I might suggest you try
    TokenTool (part of RPTools).

Quote Originally Posted by Koreapsu View Post
    I'd rather content was released in a finished state rather than the common practice of "we'll patch it in later". I didn't buy the module (that I have also already bought in book form previously) to play it at some later date when tokens are added and it's actually complete. I'm buying it to play now.

Anyone reading other gaming forums should've seen by now the single biggest complaint people have about these official modules on FG is that they've already paid for the print versions, imagine the reaction of these people when finally convinced to purchase a product only to find out the product was rushed, full of errors (did WotC even read it?), and incomplete.

Yeah we can fix it on the fly, but we paid for it (twice) - should we have to then do a repair job?
    Koreapsu I understand your point on missing tokens - I will work with Doug to see if we can get this addressed as quickly as possible. In terms of the product being rushed and full of errors, apologies if this is the case both Doug and I have reviewed the module along with WotC so a little surprised to hear its full of errors. We will of course want to address this as quickly as possible and therefore any support you can provide in terms of identifying and reporting specific problems will be of much value and will help expedite fixes. In terms of the module being incomplete, all I can say is that it is complete and in line with the published hardback book - the issue of missing NPC tokens will be addressed once we get supporting artwork and permission from WotC to do so.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information