DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Hey everyone, I haven't been here in some years (since 2015 I believe) but I just supported the Unity project as an old Ultimate member, and very much looking forward to getting going with that again. I don't mean to necro this old thread but it does kinda fit in with the theme of my question below.

I noticed Princes of the Apocalypse was on sale and bought that today too (I used to parse everything, Core books, modules, etc... but with little times these days thought I'd save me a ton of man hours).

The module looks great! I love it except one small gripe; I'm kinda an art junkie and like to immerse players with artwork as I go through the story under the story button. I noticed the story parts under the Story button don't contain the artwork picture links under the encounters or parcels (little red dragon head for artwork) directly linked to each story part for easy access (i.e - the Minotaur encounter 5.04.17 F17. Ancient Conjury) - (the artwork of the Minotaur fighting a warrior is missing, the encounter is there and in other story parts there are parcels as well but no artwork links?)

I was able to unlock that story part 5.04.17 F17. Ancient Conjury and drag in the artwork under the encounter link so the image is there to quickly show players when we get to it but I was kinda expecting them to already be there so I would have zero prep work with a bought module. Am I wrong in assuming the art links should be part of the story parts as they are in the book and PDF?

Otherwise I'd have to go to the module in the library and dig through the images tab with each story part and find the right image which would be an immersion breaker and time consuming and frankly something I don't want to dig through for each story part (yes, I could use the search bar but maybe the images are not named appropriately or maybe I would assume a different search term - searching is still time consuming when an easy link click of a button already in the story part would get me to it in no time). I like the pace to be pretty quick to get more gaming in. Are all the FG modules like this with no artwork directly linked to the story parts? Since this is the first module I have bought (I have bought the Core rulebooks) any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by jh79; May 23rd, 2019 at 20:42.
    Thanks JH79
    AKA: Valorious Goodspeak: Gold Hill Dwarf Cleric
    Thaldor Hammersmith: Mountain Shield Dwarf

Parsed full versions-5th Edition books in-game: Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide

DMing 5e content, currently:
    Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen
    Playing in Star Wars Edge of the Empire

Ultimate Licence Holder: You play for free
    1000+ Wizards Of The Coast Miniatures used in-game
    Team Speak Address: ts.fg-con.com
    Password: Dungeoneers

NPC Artwork (if there is any) is linked in the Notes of the NPC.

Links to artwork generally follows the paper version of the adventure. So if there is an image associated with a story then there will be a link to the artwork in that story.

EDIT: I should probably have looked at the module before I answered. The artwork that you are looking for is actually linked at F14 - Zegdar's Lair in the reference manual. But there should also be a link in the story too. I'll make a note to fix that.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; May 23rd, 2019 at 21:23.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

"Links to artwork generally follows the paper version of the adventure. So if there is an image associated with a story then there will be a link to the artwork in that story."

This does not seem to be the case in the module I bought. So you're saying this isn't the norm? Do you have the module I'm referring to? Thanks.
    Thanks JH79

Parsed full versions-5th Edition books in-game: Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide

Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen

Quote Originally Posted by jh79 View Post
    This does not seem to be the case in the module I bought. So you're saying this isn't the norm? Do you have the module I'm referring to? Thanks.
    I can see lots of artwork linked throughout story entries.

The one you specifically refer to appears to be more of an oversight than deviating from the norm.

If you find any artwork links that is missing, then please detail of each occurrence in a post in the official bug thread (sticky at the stop of the 5E sub forum) and I'm sure the relevant developer will take a look.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Unfortunately this is not an isolated incident in this module and hopefully it is deviating from the norm, I really want to buy more in the future. I went ahead and went through the whole Princes of the Apocalypse. Here is the link to what is missing as far as art links in the story parts if anyone wants a guide on what is missing so they can add it themselves.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...961#post438961

From your responses though I take it this is not the norm and the art is included in story entries in most cases. Thanks for the replies.
    Thanks JH79

Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen

Thread Information