STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

DDEX2-2 Embers of Elmwood- Monday Apr 27 2015

Looking to run a 4 hour session of the second AL adventure for the season, Embers of Elmwood. Game to be run on Monday April 27 from 7pm to 11pm ET. Calendar Entry here. Please either pm me with your Fantasy Grounds character file, pdf or preference for a pregen character. New players welcome. Server address tba and game to be streamed at www.twitch.tv/talwynor. Post any questions about the game here.

Embers of Elmwood A derelict raft drifts into Mulmaster’s harbor carrying a young woman. Delirious with hunger, the only words she seems able to speak so far have been "ash and fire." The only other clue to her identity is an ornate tattoo. Is the woman insane, or is something nefarious at play? An adventure for 1st-4th level characters.

I signed up for this game. I think it'll be great to see a game run before I start trying to run my own. I signed up with a level one Halfling monk, but I expect him to be higher level then (I plan to play him at MepaCon on the 24th). I'll send the character sheet that Sunday or Monday if that's ok.

Also, I'll probably be playing from hotel wifi, which apparently causes some issues with ports and connectivity. I'm trying to work that out now and I have a post on the support forums that I've gotten a few responses to.
    Last edited by albinonewt; April 16th, 2015 at 19:43.

It's only on incoming connections. If you are a player it shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by albinonewt View Post
    I'll send the character sheet that Sunday or Monday if that's ok.

Also, I'll probably be playing from hotel wifi, which apparently causes some issues with ports and connectivity. I'm trying to work that out now and I have a post on the support forums that I've gotten a few responses to.
    Send the pc whenever you're ready - that works for me. FWIW, Ive played from a hotel before as a player and it worked....was a little unstable, but not unbearably so - I'm guessing there's a lot a variability between hotel connections though. Either way, no worries.

If this is going ahead I'll take the day off work and come play.

Its good to bear in mind though that expeditions usually take around 6 hours to complete even though it says 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nex_addo View Post

Its good to bear in mind though that expeditions usually take around 6 hours to complete even though it says 4 hours.
    Regarding the slot size - for me anyway - it's still a work in progress. My thought process was that I wanted to offer a weekday option for players, but wanted to keep the timing manageable since it was a school/work night for most (and definitely me).

In full disclosure to the players, I believe we have a number of options.

1. Keep the game at a brisk pace hoping to complete in the 4 hour slot. This may not be achievable as you have pointed out.
    2. End the game wherever we are at the 4th hour. This is an option, however players would not be able to rerun the adventure with that specific pc and may miss out some xp and reward opportunities.
    3. Make a game time decision on extending the slot for the night. If we are close to finishing, we might extend the slot to wrap up say a last encounter. This may be difficult to achieve consensus on, and there is a limit as to how long I personally can extend.
    4. Schedule a second session to wrap up the remaining Expedition and pick up where we left off. This is my personal preference, however, coordinating with all players on a mutually agreeable time may be difficult.

I'm open to suggestions and would definitely be interested in hearing how others have previously handled longer expedition adventures either in ftf games or online.

I'm interested

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Looking to run a 4 hour session of the second AL adventure for the season, Embers of Elmwood. Game to be run on Monday April 27 from 7pm to 11pm ET. Calendar Entry here. Please either pm me with your Fantasy Grounds character file, pdf or preference for a pregen character. New players welcome. Server address tba and game to be streamed at www.twitch.tv/talwynor. Post any questions about the game here.

Embers of Elmwood A derelict raft drifts into Mulmaster’s harbor carrying a young woman. Delirious with hunger, the only words she seems able to speak so far have been "ash and fire." The only other clue to her identity is an ornate tattoo. Is the woman insane, or is something nefarious at play? An adventure for 1st-4th level characters.
    Hello,

I'm thinking of signing up for Fantasy Grounds to play AL, but I'm not seeing to many people running. Once I know there is a base, I'll start running to. What time Pacific time are you going to run this game?

Well I'm down for 3 out of 4.
    Keep the adventure moving and try finish in four hours.
    Extending the adventure if it is possible.
    And finally rescheduling if need be.

Signed up on the calendar. Since I didn't have an AL character yet I went with cleric since every group needs a good healer and I can always get a game that way.

Also interested in seeing it in action and asking some questions before I start running them in FG myself.

Finally, as a person that travels a lot you can always connect as a player (just hope hotel router doesn't crap out). if you are trying to GM a game from hotel you need a VPN connection since hotels will block the incoming players from connecting directly. I have used VPNs a couple of times and they worked fine, only draw back was trying to GM from a lap top screen only and not my extra monitor.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Quote Originally Posted by aarduini View Post
    Hello,

I'm thinking of signing up for Fantasy Grounds to play AL, but I'm not seeing to many people running. Once I know there is a base, I'll start running to. What time Pacific time are you going to run this game?
    I'm terrible with time zone conversion, but I'm running East Coast time which I believe is currently 3 hours later than Pacific. If you look at the calendar entry and have entered your time zone in your profile, I believe the conversion is done for you.

As far as number of game opportunities, speaking anecdotally I have always been able to find a game, but the goal of the Adventurers League here is to increase the number of gaming opportunities, especially for the influx of new players with the recent licensing deal. Hopefully we will get more games going for everyone as awareness of the league games increases.

Thread Information