FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: DragonLancce 1E

My apology Trenloe , I was assuming that the Modules would have to be scripted into FG rather then a Cut and paste job... Yes they are all in PDF form...
    I have the Ultimate License
    My timezone is Eastern U.S.A
    I'm looking to experience a wide range of game systems.. After playing a bit , I hope to Gm 1 game biweekly.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1380 for D&D5E Saturday night game
    https://the-lost-mines-of-phandelver...dianportal.com and https://candar.obsidianportal.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIChttps://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=28042&dateline=143231 4775]

So is there a way to parse 2e stuff into FG, or 1e? That Creature parser is for PF isn't it, I read a bit of it into the link, it doesn't say if you can do other things unless I missed it.

Ok, so what I am gathering from all this and correct me if I am wrong, you can start a new campaign in FG. convert what you need using control v and c copy and pasting between the fields manually typing things that have to be worded differently. Then when everything is entered you can export the campaign and it will show up as a module in the library. That is what I gathered from all those big words and talk of parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrin View Post
    Ok, so what I am gathering from all this and correct me if I am wrong, you can start a new campaign in FG. convert what you need using control v and c copy and pasting between the fields manually typing things that have to be worded differently. Then when everything is entered you can export the campaign and it will show up as a module in the library. That is what I gathered from all those big words and talk of parses.
    In a nutshell, yes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by xKrisx View Post
    So is there a way to parse 2e stuff into FG, or 1e? That Creature parser is for PF isn't it, I read a bit of it into the link, it doesn't say if you can do other things unless I missed it.
    Both of the main parsers (Pathfinder and PAR5E) have very specific formatting that is relevant to their respective systems. The parsers are excellent, if you have the data in the right format to start off with. However, if you're stating with 1E or 2E NPCs you would spend too much time trying to get the format right for either of these parsers. You'd be much better off manually typing in the NPC statistics into a campaign of whichever system you want to play. See an example of manually entering a 5E NPC here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-POluSDHAc
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My advice when you do your Dragon Lance conversion is use the 5E monsters from the library for anything generic. Then use a 1E to 5E converter for the draconians, ect. This should really be pretty quick to do if you only put monsters, encounters, and maps in you FG module.

One thing to watch in the conversion - large numbers of low level creatures are lethal in 5E because of bounded accuracy. It's been a *very* long time since I read the Dragon Lance modules but it would not surprise me if there some encounters with large numbers of low level creatures in the later modules. You might find it useful to borrow the 4E minion concept where you have grunt monsters with the same to hit, damage, AC, and saves as a standard monster but only have 1 hp. Thus they go down as soon as they take damage and you don't have to manage their hps.

Blog Entries
    For those monsters that are not available in the 5E MM, here's a handy online tool that will convert a D&D 1E/3E monster to 5E. Once converted simply copy n paste the stat block into a text file and parse with PAR5E. Or enter manually into the 5E campaign using the FG interface.

https://brentnewhall.com/games/1e5e.html
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by jhall6766 View Post
    Hi,
    I just recently invested in the complete DragonLance 1E series... SO now Im looking through the FG rulesets and trying to figure out which Ruleset would be easiest to convert or use for running these games.....
    Cheers. Lately I've been also thinking in a FG module of DL1: Dragons of Despair, possibly converted to D&D5e.

Xak Tsaroth rocks.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Quote Originally Posted by jhall6766 View Post
    Hi,
    I just recently invested in the complete DragonLance 1E series... SO now Im looking through the FG rulesets and trying to figure out which Ruleset would be easiest to convert or use for running these games.....
    I am not sure if this helps but I have been running A1-A4 (1e Slave Lords series) and I have been mostly (90%) just using the monsters listed in the module. There have been a few times where I thought something was too strong and all I did was look at the CR/EXP guide in the 5E DMG and it has been spot on. I was really surprised how little work I needed to do convert it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    For those monsters that are not available in the 5E MM, here's a handy online tool that will convert a D&D 1E/3E monster to 5E. Once converted simply copy n paste the stat block into a text file and parse with PAR5E. Or enter manually into the 5E campaign using the FG interface.

https://brentnewhall.com/games/1e5e.html
    Thanks Zeus, this is brilliant

Thread Information