STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    That is a good piece of advice Andraax, I will use that if I attempt this again.

I haven't tried to run a game yet with Core RPG but have created a couple of Characters. Except for some minor things it turned out quite nice and it do seem very doable to run in Core RPG. But have recently taken a break from our RQ6/Mythras campaign since half of the group have so much on the plate right now to fit in any RPG so we decided to take a break from it until life releases the grip of the group and we can set aside time for gaming again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorpa View Post
    I haven't tried to run a game yet with Core RPG but have created a couple of Characters. Except for some minor things it turned out quite nice and it do seem very doable to run in Core RPG. But have recently taken a break from our RQ6/Mythras campaign since half of the group have so much on the plate right now to fit in any RPG so we decided to take a break from it until life releases the grip of the group and we can set aside time for gaming again.
    I am having issues with my home-made version because it has some shaky entries that will occasionally return an error. I am running a Mythras game right now and all combat tracking is done by hand on a sheet that sits next to my computer Glad to see another Mythras fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Archlyte View Post
    I am having issues with my home-made version because it has some shaky entries that will occasionally return an error. I am running a Mythras game right now and all combat tracking is done by hand on a sheet that sits next to my computer Glad to see another Mythras fan!
    I recently discovered Mythras and have been racking my brain trying to understand FG development enough to Frankenstein a working ruleset for it (no luck thus far). Have you made any progress you feel comfortable sharing?

Blog Entries
    I downloaded the Imperative quick start rules today and I think it would be reasonably achievable to create a MoreCore extension for this with maybe 1-2 days of effort.

There would be no automation of combat but combat rolls and tracking would be quite robust.

Characteristics go in Rolls 1 (top left) I couldnt see that these were directly rolled against?
    Attributes go in Rolls 1a (bottom left) with Hit Points staying in Combat and Luck Points in Hero Points. Some of these are rolls - will need to use something like the Hero Points for 5e for Damage Modifier, a variation of /mod that does type=damage for healing, Hit points max stays in Combat, Initiative is a /mod, HP will use similar system to spell points and sit where Attacks is currently - have to think on the reporting, Magic Points are like Luck/Hero Points.
    Standard Skills will go in Rolls 2 and 2a. Rolls will use a variation of Roll Under that will report Success and also success/failure against different difficulty levels. Eg Riding Skill of 56 and you roll a 37. Success on Hard (+S, E, VE). Failure on Formidable.
    Professional Skills will go in Rolls 3 and use the same roll from above.
    Careers and Culture are Notes
    Passions will go in Rolls 3a and will use 2 new rolls - /passion (rollunder) and /pmod (1/7th modifier)
    Experience Roll will require a /mod variation that takes a 1d4 rather than a specific number

Combat
    Initiative - Order
    Attack Rolls followed by Defense Rolls
    Damage /mod rolls followed by /mdamage rolls
    Need special effects tables handy
    It appears that a lot of combat outcomes are chosen after an attack+defensive roll and they do not appear to need rolls to resolve although some do...
    /hitlocation roll to determine whee you hit
    7 fields to track max + 7 fields to track current hp
    I dont really understand how that works either...
    If character has CON+SIZ of 24 they get:
    Leg 5, Abdomen 6, Chest 7, Each Arm 4, Head 5.
    Why is there one leg but Each Arm? But there is a hit table that allows you to hit Left or Right Leg?
    What are negative HP for? How far negative can you go?

Anyways... Im not going to do this as I dont have time to - but from what I (think I have) understood its probably quite doable pretty much using elements and examples from MoreCore and MoreCore extensions...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I downloaded the Imperative quick start rules today and I think it would be reasonably achievable to create a MoreCore extension for this with maybe 1-2 days of effort.
    There would be no automation of combat but combat rolls and tracking would be quite robust.
    Anyways... Im not going to do this as I dont have time to - but from what I (think I have) understood its probably quite doable pretty much using elements and examples from MoreCore and MoreCore extensions...
    Very impressive (as always), thank you damned! I'll definitely try this out, cheers.

Characteristics go in Rolls 1 (top left) I couldnt see that these were directly rolled against?
    The Characteristics are more-or-less inactive values that combine to give the attributes and starting skills their values. As far as I'm aware, they aren't rolled against anything, so maybe they could go in another location to free up the an area for more rolls?
    Why is there one leg but Each Arm? But there is a hit table that allows you to hit Left or Right Leg?
    I'm pretty sure that the singular leg thing is unintentional, the rules otherwise have hit locations and points for two legs (humanoids at least). I've brought it up to the creators and maybe they'll fix it.
    7 fields to track max + 7 fields to track current hp -- I dont really understand how that works either...
    The location specific HP is to give a more detailed system for attack, defense, and armor ("I see your leg is exposed so I'll try to attack that" or "I see your arm is already wounded, I'm going to wound it some more"). The HP maximum for each location is important to keep in mind because it provides the thresholds for wound categories, which your current HP will put you in (I'll elaborate below).
    What are negative HP for? How far negative can you go?
    Wounds are classified into three categories: minor/superficial wounds, serious/penalizing wounds, and major/life-threatening wounds. As long as your wounded location has >0 hit points, it is considered only slightly wounded and suffers no penalty. When an area falls to 0 HP or below, it begins to suffer penalties when used (or at all times for the torso/head). And once an area reaches the location's negative threshold (or "-max HP") the character is incapacitated to a life-threatening degree (rolls are made, and even if passed the character will die if left untreated). There aren't any rules for further damage below the location's -max, but I doubt there would be anything more you could do to an extremity ("A limb is considered to be severed, transfixed, shattered or ripped off by a Major Wound."), and I think it's safe to rule immediate and uncontested death (no saving roll) if it's the head/chest/abdomen since "Failure results in an instant and gratuitous death (decapitated, chopped in half, impaled through the heart, torn apart, and so forth)" in regards to the Endurance check when first receiving a major wound. If for one reason or another people don't want to use -HP, they could just double the maxHP for each location and apply serious wounds at below half and major wounds at 0.
    Last edited by trembot_89; October 31st, 2017 at 19:49. Reason: touched on an additional topic and cleaned it up to follow easier

Thread Information