5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Way out of Pratice

Hey all,

Been many years since I played with FG.

Got the Basic D&D 5e Rules so I could see what they have done.

But I admit a bit lost.
    Example,

Was making a fighter.

How do I pull the Info from the module say, Second Wind, on to my action bar?

I have the Module open, I figured it would be pull over the Icon to the page, that does not work, it just brings the name Second Wind over not the entry.

Fairly sure this is just me not being used to how FG requires things to be done, but was hoping for a little help.
    Figure I am skipping a step or doing something in the wrong order.

Watched a few videos but they were pulling from txt not modules.
    Thanks for any help.
    Lee

When you move something in FG, you need to grab the icon next to the name. In the new theme I believe it's the red dragon ampersand. I don't use the theme, though, so I can't be sure if that's the icon they used. It just looked like it in one of the videos I saw.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if you know this, but to populate the character sheet, you only need to grab the class and drag it to your class field. It will give you a level of that class and autopopulate every ability you should get, except for decision points like 3rd level stuff ,etc.

Proud Graduate of Parallel University.

Hmm Will try I had made part of it then went to pull abilities over, the little dragon Icon, will try from scratch.
    Thanks for the info.

Trying to figure out if the full package is worth it and how to make it work as I will have to teach the rest.

Thanks again,
    Lee

Thank you working much better now, think I messed it up not using it from the start.
    Lee

Glad to help. I'm still learning a lot myself, but when I can I'll answer questions.

Proud Graduate of Parallel University.

This video might be handy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nurEMR4JJeU
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Another if you do not mind.

When I made a Cleric I was able to put my Spells into my Actions.
    But did not see a way to put the Descriptions.

On an NPC when I added it to the Notes I got the Full Txt.

Tried on a PC would not do anything.

Once you've dragged the spell to your actions tab, click on the link to the right of the spell (shield/dragon icon depending on the theme you're using) and it will open the full spell window. For example:

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Not getting that or the dragon Icon there.
    Looked at video.

Will have to try and see why.

I have just a magnify glass at that area.

Thanks though.

Thread Information