5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgamer View Post
    Thanks, but Illl just wait until the new decal extension documentation comes out
    Documentation available in the example extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post205072
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The Red D&D logo is one of the new decal files and can be toggled on of off from the options menu. I tested a theme i built to replace the desktop with the D&D theme at the same time and it functioned successfully. Also the Themes, rule set, and rule book modules all function independently of each other (well maybe not the rule set and rule book) so you can create any theme you want, use the 5E rules and load the PHB just fine.

I went to the link above that Trenloe posted, that is exactly what I was looking for, downloaded the decal extension and put it in the extensions folder. This is to add new decals to the new theme. I unzipped the extension and found the decals folder, and put in 4 new decals I love, then went to the xml file, also inside the folder, and it says I need to add code to include my new decals.

This is where I am stuck, I can't code a lick. Telling me to add a function and declare strings... So this is where I am waiting for the documentation from the illustrious and I am assuming very busy Moonwizard to to tell me what to write in there to include the new decals. A step by step for dummies would be awesome whenever possible. Thanks!

Some quick steps:
    1. Decide what you're going to call each of the decals.
    2. Move your decal image files to the graphics\decals directory within the extension.
    3. For each of your decals copy/paste each of the red highlighted 3 lines once in the same location.

Code:
    <base>
    	<!-- TODO - Change string name attribute to avoid overwriting strings from other custom decal extensions -->
    	<!-- TODO - Change string optino text -->
    	<!-- Custom theme option strings -->
    	<string name="option_val_DDCL_custom">Custom</string>

<!-- TODO - Change icon name attribute to avoid overwriting icons from other custom decal extensions -->
    	<!-- TODO - Change icon file attribute to point to the correct file within the extension -->
    	<!-- Custom theme textures -->
    	<icon name="desktopdecal_custom" file="graphics/decals/desktopdecal_custom.png" />

<!-- TODO - Change script name attribute to avoid overwriting scripts from other custom decal extensions -->
    	<!-- TODO - You can add multiple option values. You just need to define the string and icon to use for each one,
    			then call OptionsManager.addOptionValue with the correct values -->
    	<script name="DecalCustom">
    		function onInit()
    			OptionsManager.addOptionValue("DDCL", "option_val_DDCL_custom", "desktopdecal_custom", true);
    		end
    	</script>
    </base>
    Then, change each of the following values for each of the decals you're adding. Corresponding numbers indicate where you need to have matching values:

The first line defines the new option that will be displayed within the campaign options for the decal - "1" is the FG reference that I have given it (option_val_DDCL_MyDecal1) that will be used later and the "My Decal 1" is what will be shown in the option list.

The second line references the actual decal graphic file (graphics/decals/desktopdecal_mydecal1.png) and it's FG reference (I called it "desktopdecal_mydecal1").

The third line (OptionsManager.addOptionValue) brings it all together: Number #1 links the decal you select from the campaign options, and number #2 links this option to the actual graphics file to use.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wow, you are pretty Illustrious there Trenloe, that was sick

Thread Information