DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Can you edit the new theme Basic Rules 5e theme?

Can the new Basic Rules theme be edited? For example change the big red D&D letters in the middle to a nice image? I'm not crazy about that image, would like to erase it, if so, and If downloaded, what is it considered a .mod file? does it live in the modules folder? extensions folder? Ruleset Folder? What is the actual file called and where can it be found if downloaded. It would be a straight download, not from steam. Just want to know the path to the file to find it quickly, open it, edit the image and zip it back up.
    Last edited by Vgamer; April 9th, 2015 at 12:30.

There's a walkthrough some where on how to make a new theame, it's fairly simple if I remember right.

No, I'm talking about the new 5e Theme that you buy from the store, you get it when you buy the 5e Basic Rules, not make my own. I would want to edit the background of that one, the one with the big red D&D letters smack dab in the middle., but just want to make sure ill be able to get to it. I heard people can't find the file that holds those images. Is it locked up tight somewhere where people can't get to it? A friend of mine that bought it told me he couldn't find the file in the modules folder, the extensions folder or the ruleset folder, but it was in his library inside FG and as an extension when he booted FG, So where the heck do the 5e basic rules with the new theme live when you download them? Where do they go?
    Last edited by Vgamer; April 9th, 2015 at 13:46.

Blog Entries
    new 5e stuff is encrypted in a vault
    you cannot unpack and edit this stuff - and if you did it would get overwritten each time it updates...

I believe the new 5e modules an extensions are, indeed, locked away in an encrypted store to prevent piracy. I suspect that was a condition from Wizards.
    You can still add a decal or extension to change the background. It is, afterall, based on CoreRPG. You just have to make sure the loadorder is right.

Well, thanks for the answers but they're kinda contradicting each other, basically I would want to buy the new basic rules and get the new theme, and also buy the LMOP module, then use the image from LMOP cover inside a circle for the background of the new theme, instead of those big red D&D letters. I think that would look much better for me. So one of you said I can do a work around for this with an extension? Or is it behind a vault and nothing will work, even an extension. Any Devs that worked on the packaging know this? Not sure how you could make an extension if you can't even target the background image...

Blog Entries
    You could make your own extension (skin)but you can't access the skin you got from the basic rules. You could modify another skin or build one from scratch. So basically you can't change the decal you don't like but you can modify any extension not in the vault. Does that make more sense?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Even better, we've already done that for you with our new Decal functionality. If you open your preferences for your campaign, there is an option to toggle the decal used. If you have the PHB, MM or LMOP modules, you get three new decals to cycle through.

New Decals are also supported by building out a new Decal extension. This was kind of a late edition to the rulesets, so we are a little behind on putting together the documentation and a walk-through on how to best make your own decal extensions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Even better, we've already done that for you with our new Decal functionality. If you open your preferences for your campaign, there is an option to toggle the decal used. If you have the PHB, MM or LMOP modules, you get three new decals to cycle through.

New Decals are also supported by building out a new Decal extension. This was kind of a late edition to the rulesets, so we are a little behind on putting together the documentation and a walk-through on how to best make your own decal extensions.
    That's new! Never heard of that before. I like it Doug.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Ya, I'm following you, the new 5e stuff is untouchable, I can't change the decal if I bought the basic rules theme period, I'd have to make my own skin, but that just sounds like way to much graphics work for someone not graphically inclined.

To bad, I really wanted to buy that stuff because I like all of that theme except for the gigantic red D&D letters in the middle. Why not put the LMOP cover in a nice faded out ancient looking circle devs? Adventurers and a dragon, now that would be cool to look at while you play imo. I would definitely by that and for more money, Just a suggestion.

Thread Information