STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

A dedicated FG NPC for storing abilities?

To make everything simpler in FG I've been making custom abilities for my PCs and NPCs. Things like feats that have non-active effects like "Evasion", as well as active effects like Flanking, Sneak Attack, etc., and for items like tanglefoot bags and caltrops. I have this setup with the Effects Remover Extension for pathfinder rules which allows the players to turn on and off their active effects at will.

For example here we have Thron the rogue that can turn on effects for himself, like right now he has the Gobin flanked and will be using a sneak attack, so he drags those effects to himself. The turn before, the Goblin had stepped on a caltrop that Thron had placed and took damage and is slowed due to a wounded foot. When this happened Thron targeted the goblin, cast the attack for the caltrop, then clicked on the damage and effect buttons in his abilities tab to apply the single damage and the "wounded foot" effect.

After this he attacks the Goblin, hits it, and then because he has flanking and sneak attack effects on, he rolls 3d6+2 for the damage.

The Goblin dies and he clicks the remove effect buttons for flank and sneak, and he's back to normal.

I do this for all of my NPCs with special abilities or items as well to help me streamline combat. So what I've found though is that often I will need to add those effects to a new NPC/PC and have to either redo them or find which character has those abilities already and copy them over. So I started a new NPC where I just drop the effects into one of a few categories anytime I create a new one in the game. This character acts as a storage bin for if I want to reuse any of those abilities in the future.

Now, I can't be the only person to have thought of this. If anyone else has done this and is willing to share their NPC storage bin character, please let me know!

Realized that I had actually made flanking just for the rogue and it had his sneak attack added into it. My mistake, but you get the idea.

I do something similar. I have a module of NPCs with pre-made abilities and effect separated by class and race.

In the game I have an NPC called GM that has common tactical effects, FG PF conditions, and generic healing and damage for a variety of dice, as well as links on the last tab to the PF skill descriptions. This keeps me from having to program out a lot of effects on my enemies.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Just a question. How do you copy the Effects?
    I tried to do it in the 5E rulset but found no way to do it.
    Is this rule specific?

Quote Originally Posted by Thegroo View Post
    Just a question. How do you copy the Effects?
    I tried to do it in the 5E rulset but found no way to do it.
    Is this rule specific?
    The ruleset needs to support drag/drop of spells/powers from one sheet to another. It doesn't look like 5E allows this, either in a PC or NPC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I do something similar. I have a module of NPCs with pre-made abilities and effect separated by class and race.

In the game I have an NPC called GM that has common tactical effects, FG PF conditions, and generic healing and damage for a variety of dice, as well as links on the last tab to the PF skill descriptions. This keeps me from having to program out a lot of effects on my enemies.
    Is there any chance you could export that NPC and post him up for others to use? Here is my NPC module: https://mega.co.nz/#!OUtgWIpY!xyJR5x...ufZ5XFg2srU1EM Unfortunately I can't seem to get FG to remove all of the other NPCs no matter what I try, so You could just import the module, pull the AAA Effects Collector to your own game and then turn off the module I guess.

As for FG not being able to copy effects for DnD 5e... that sucks a lot and hopefully it gets fixed. This is going to be one of the best features for my long-term campaign.

Blog Entries
    Ive stripped out the other NPCs and stuff here - see if this works for you.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnl6coclyt...GM-PC.mod?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by qwortec View Post
    Is there any chance you could export that NPC and post him up for others to use?
    It's not really up to par for sharing; still a work in progress. If you message me an email address I can send you the xml, but I don't want to post it on the forum yet.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ive stripped out the other NPCs and stuff here - see if this works for you.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnl6coclyt...GM-PC.mod?dl=0
    I imported it into my modules folder but it doesn't show up in my modules in game. Not sure why. Is it Pathfinder?

If it is just NPCs, they will show up in the NPCs window, not the library list.

Thread Information