FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There's a new option in the campaign options window that allows the GM to cycle through background decals for the campaign desktop. Currently, there is only the SW dragon as an option in CoreRPG/5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E, but CoC/C&C/Numenera have one additional option related to their original desktop decal.

Also, additional decal options can be added via an extension. I've attached one I just put together as an example for Doug. It just uses the SW dragon again as an example, but you can replace the file in the graphics/decals/ folder within the extension with any decal you want. (Remember that you generally want a transparent decal for this kind of ornamentation.)

Cheers,
    JPG
    I almost always use JPG files for my background+decal because they are generally many times smaller than the same image on PNG. The limitation of this is that JPG does not support transparency so generally your decal would have to be square/rectangular.

JPG - would you consider extending this functionality to support multiple background images?

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

It does support multiple background decals, you can add as many as you like via extension. The one I provided only adds one, but you could add a whole pack at once.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Sorry MW - I meant the desktop wallpaper background....

There's currently a few new features needed in the client to change that right now, so it will have to come in a later release. The background is more complex, since it is a frame that contains sidebar graphics.

We have been discussing internally whether it makes sense to be dividing up the "theme" concept like this, since the look and feel makes more sense as a general overhaul (frames, buttons, fonts) which requires an extension anyways. Plus, you'd have to add an extension anyways to add the desktop options anyways.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; April 5th, 2015 at 00:42.

There were a few updates pushed to Test channel for Savage Worlds ruleset and Deadlands Reloaded setting. These are not necessarily going to be released at same time as v3.0.12, but I thought I'd mention since a new Update will appear for those that own those DLC products.

Cheers,
    JPG

Is there a way via the 'Decal_Custom.ext' extension to add multiple graphics files that can be selected in the Options drop down box?

James

5E - PHB Deluxe

Sage - Researcher:

'When you attemot' should be attempt

infrmation should be information

cannot be.....................found. Remove break

BoomerET
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Stargrove,

Yes, you just need to add an icon asset and a string asset for each decal option you want to add, then add another OptionsManager.addOptionValue(...) call to the onInit script.

A couple other things you can edit to customize. (announcement text, properties subtag text fields, script name attribute to prevent overwrites)

Cheers,
    JPG

I just updated the custom decal extension posted in this thread to add instructions in the extension.xml file on which aspects to change to create your own unique decal extension that does not conflict with other custom decal extensions.

Cheers,
    JPG

Awesome, thanks.

James

Thread Information