5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Test release v3.0.12

Note: As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

This release is a placeholder for adding minor features and bug fixes, but will be on an expedited schedule.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

We're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
    JPG

Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Campaign desktop decal option added.
    • [PFRPG] Odd number ability bonus effects would not affect roll modifiers. Fixed.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    [CoreRPG+] Campaign desktop decal option added.
    This is cool; easy to add new decals and flip through them even while the game is in session, also.

Was wondering if you can add a set of effects to adjust the ability modifiers, rather than just adjusting the ability scores (instead of having an effect adjust *STR* by -1, have it adjust the STR *modifier* by -1, for example)? Maybe something like "STRMOD: -1"?

You can already do that by using STR:2 which is equivalent to STRMOD:1

JPG

Updates

• Updated Dungeon and Wood themes to avoid conflict with new decal option.

JPG

Blog Entries
    What is the decal option?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Updated 4/8 - Included instructions in the extension.xml for what changes are needed to customize your own extension to avoid conflicts between extensions.

There's a new option in the campaign options window that allows the GM to cycle through background decals for the campaign desktop. Currently, there is only the SW dragon as an option in CoreRPG/5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E, but CoC/C&C/Numenera have one additional option related to their original desktop decal.

Also, additional decal options can be added via an extension. I've attached one I just put together as an example for Doug. It just uses the SW dragon again as an example, but you can replace the file in the graphics/decals/ folder within the extension with any decal you want. (Remember that you generally want a transparent decal for this kind of ornamentation.)

Cheers,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; April 9th, 2015 at 03:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    You can already do that by using STR:2 which is equivalent to STRMOD:1
    Yeah, but it's non-linear, and the amount depends on the original attribute value. That's what I do now, but I have to calculate the amount for each character, since they all start at different base numbers. Just wanted to have an effect that always adds or subtracts a number from the final die roll for a particular attribute (much as I can do now with the "ABIL:" effect, but just target specific attributes).

Decal? You mean the logo in the middle of the desktop?

Yes, the decal is the logo in the middle.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information