DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Can it be a custom token or does it have to be one of the preloaded ones?

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Great! Welcome Geliriel!

Here is something to get everyone in the mood. It's going to be a Pathfinder Society Murder Mystery (in case you didn't know)!
    All we need in a medieval fantasy minstrel to play Ye olde the who and the experience will be complete. XD

Currently, your build is sitting at 23 points, so you're 3 over.
    For a Rogue, if you want a DEX build (especially with unchained) with no dumping: STR: 10; DEX: 17+2; CON: 14-2; INT: 12+2; WIS: 10; CHA: 10. But...just an example. It's best to figure out what kind of Rogue you want to be and whether or not you want to stat dump, then build your character from there. Here is a helpful guide, but bear in mind that nothing covers all character possibilities: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/comm...uide-to-rogues

Also, you can add inventory items to your character by opening the library at the bottom right and draging weapons and items to your inventory tab. Let me know if you need help.

If you need a point calculator, you can use this one: https://tools.digitalightbulb.com/pbcalc.html - just choose the race and start putting in numbers until you're satisfied and at 20 points.

Ok. I think I understand now. So it's less you have 20 points to spend and more restricted to only 20 points total add up?

All the stats start at a base of 10, then you can either add points or take them away. As you add points, the build cost goes up, as you take them away (and especially below 10), you get points back. For Pathfinder Society, you get to spend 20 points total to configure your starting abilities any way you like, taking into account how you would like to build your character.

When you go below 10, that is called "stat dumping," because you give your character a minus in one stat to benefit others. However, depending on how you want to do your build, you may decide that you can live without 1 thing to excel in another (specialization). When you do that to an extreme, including using racial bonuses, traits, feats, etc., it is called "min-maxing" to squeeze every last bit of optimization out of your character.

It's also possible to make a character who is a good all-rounder and one that you know will eventually progress in the long haul as/when you are able to afford stat-boosting items and as other benefits that accrue with levels (feats, skill points,additional stat points at level 4 and 8, etc.). So, you choose a more moderate approach to stats, where you may not excel in one stat, but because you have intermediate bonuses in multiple things (+1 or +2 vs. +4 or even +5), you are more of a generalist and your character can, perhaps, do well vs. multiple types of challenges (rather than winning or losing in a big way with a min-maxed character). It's really a personal choice and it depends on class and your character concept.

There's more to playing and building a character than just maximizing a single stat. Also, with time, all characters improve. So, consider the degree of build specialization you need and what sacrifices you would like to make based on how you want to play the character, then choose stats that support your character concept, personality, abilities, etc.

If you're still not sure, there are a lot of references on the web and you can also even look at the Pathfinder Pregenerated Characters. All the pregens have level 1 versions and you can see how different stats combine in various classes to bring a character to life. I hope that info helps.

You can find the pregenerated character PDFs at Paizo.com. Also, make sure you have created a Paizo account and Pathfinder Society ID for your character and chosen a faction!

If anyone else wants to play, we still have 2 spots open for Sunday AM.

This game starts in 1 hour. If anyone else would like to join with a level 1-2 character, there is room. We have at least 2 spots open.

Good game this morning - congrats on the mission success and, especially, surviving the first battle - that was definitely a highlight and an impressive demonstration of occult power and self-preservation instincts with 1hp left! Save me, Tony the Pony, my trusty meat shield! Also, Arnold was impeccable (to the extent that that is possible for a barbarian) as a head-basher and torturer. And I would be remiss in not celebrating the accomplishments of Jo'Qar, the crit master!

I'll have your chronicles to you soon. Thanks for playing!

I have finished the chronicles/reporting for this one. If you need any changes, let me know.

Thread Information