5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

5E Player Effect Removal Extension

Based off a suggestion from Skellan I've modified the 3.5E effect removal extension to work with 5E. This extension allows players to remove effects that have already been placed on creatures (PCs or NPCs) in the combat tracker.

This version of the extension is no longer compatible - do not use the extension in this thread!

Download the v2.x extension from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oval-Extension

NOTE: This is now compatible with v0.3 of the Effect Targeting extension - you can now run both together. Thanks TASagent.

v1.1.5 -Compatibility update for FG v3.2.0. November 1st, 2016.
    v1.1.4 -Compatibility update for FG v3.1.4. November 29th, 2015.
    v1.1.2 -Compatibility update for FG v3.1.2. August 6th, 2015.
    v1.1 -Update for FG v3.1.0. June 1st, 2015.
    v1.0 - first release. 29th March, 2015.

Installation
    The GM has to do the following to install and activate this extension:
    1. Download the 5E Remove Effect Tag.ext attachment at the bottom of this post
    2. Follow the instructions to install an extension found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...iew#Extensions
    3. On the "Load Campaign" screen for a 5E campaign select the "Remove Effect Tag" extension.

Brief how to use
    When you have created an effect against a power in the character sheet, copy the exact text of the effect and create another effect in the same power. Use the exact same text as the effect you want to remove and put REMOVE: in front of the effect.

For example, if you have an effect: ATK:1; DMG:1 create the removal effect as: REMOVE: ATK: 1; DMG: 1

The format of the remove effect must 100% match the format of the base effect as displayed in the combat tracker. FG can reformat the effect (e.g. adding a space after a colon ":" ) - so try adding the base effect to the combat tracker to see exactly the format you'll need to use for the removal effect.

Further documentation to follow - but you can look at the 3.5E thread for more info. The screenshots are different, but the format of the remove effect is the same (put REMOVE: at the beginning of the effect).

Info on the 3.5E extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oval-Extension

Previous version downloads: 309
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 25th, 2017 at 03:52.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Placeholder
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you very much

Updated compatibility for FG v3.1.0 - download v1.1 from post #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Updated compatibility for FG v3.1.0 - download v1.1 from post #1.
    I have noticed in FG 3.1.0 that in the GM options menu there is an option 'players can remove effects'. Is this your extension that's causing this, and if so does that mean that you don't have to have any REMOVE: effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I have noticed in FG 3.1.0 that in the GM options menu there is an option 'players can remove effects'. Is this your extension that's causing this, and if so does that mean that you don't have to have any REMOVE: effects?
    Yes, this is an option added by the extension, it's not a new option. This just allows the GM to disable players using REMOVE: if they so desire, leaving the extension as purely a GM tool. It is set to allow the players to be able to use REMOVE: by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yes, this is an option added by the extension, it's not a new option. This just allows the GM to disable players using REMOVE: if they so desire, leaving the extension as purely a GM tool. It is set to allow the players to be able to use REMOVE: by default.
    Ah, jolly good. Well played young man.

v1.1.2 update released (download in post #1).

This is a compatibility release for FG v3.1.2 - please update to this version for full compatibility. The new conditional effects (type, align, size and custom) won't work unless you update to this new extension version.

Thank you for the upgrade

Thread Information