STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 18 First 1234513 ... Last

Well, it's nearly there...
    * The BONUS & PENALTY dice modifiers, they roll the extra tens dice and choose the best/worst.
    * The HRD and EXT penalties modify the target number.
    * Evaluation of the result.
    These work for ability checks, attacks and skill checks.

Attachment 10873

Looking good!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nice work! Good to someone picking up more 7e implementation!
    Ultimate License Holder
    5e, Call of Cthulhu DM

Thanks Treegreen,

I am toying with the idea of doing a chase tracker (a bit like the one in Savage Worlds). The other thing I want to do is make it compatible with old adventures. To do this, I am thinking of adding a flag to the NPC record to mark if it's a 6th ed NPC or a 7th ed one. Then based on the flag, multiply up the stats. It could then set the flag so that the stats are updated.
    I probably don't want to go much further than that but could convert the skills too, though that starts to get complicated.

Do you want me to post my update here? Or I can email it to you and you can post it on the first page, just PM me with your email and I'll send it over.

Blog Entries
    How would one go about trying to debug the serious lag in the official/store 6e version?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    How would one go about trying to debug the serious lag in the official/store 6e version?
    I don't understand the question. It's based on CoreRPG, so it keeps track of CoreRPG updates. It works for CoC 6e, and there is a lot of material available for 6e - including a bunch of adventure modules in the FG store.

What "serious lag" are you referring to? Or are you talking about doing a separate 7e version?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    The CallOfCthulhu ruleset is decidedly laggy compared to other rulesets. There have been others who have trouble shot laggy behaviour in other rulesets.
    Activating Modules, working in Character sheets, there are many things that just lag in this ruleset (not the extension).

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The CallOfCthulhu ruleset is decidedly laggy compared to other rulesets. There have been others who have trouble shot laggy behaviour in other rulesets.
    Activating Modules, working in Character sheets, there are many things that just lag in this ruleset (not the extension).
    You'd better open another thread about that then. Rather than jumping on someone else's thread about their cool extension.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Thanks Treegreen,

I am toying with the idea of doing a chase tracker (a bit like the one in Savage Worlds). The other thing I want to do is make it compatible with old adventures. To do this, I am thinking of adding a flag to the NPC record to mark if it's a 6th ed NPC or a 7th ed one. Then based on the flag, multiply up the stats. It could then set the flag so that the stats are updated.
    I probably don't want to go much further than that but could convert the skills too, though that starts to get complicated.

Do you want me to post my update here? Or I can email it to you and you can post it on the first page, just PM me with your email and I'll send it over.
    Whenever you're ready just share it in the thread and I'll update the first post eventually. That way I can direct people to your post on top of having the extension updated on post #1.
    Ultimate License Holder
    5e, Call of Cthulhu DM

Ok, here it is, my v1.0.2 of Treegreen's extension.

As discussed previously it includes:
    * Modifier buttons to make checks hard (HRD: 1/2 rating) or extreme (EXT: 1/5 rating)
    * Modifier buttons to add 1 or 2 bonus or penalty dice to a check, with the appropriate selection of the best or worst results
    * Evaluation of the dice roll results (success, hard success, extreme success, fail or fumble)
    * Logging of targets for attacks when selected
    * Application of damage to selected target
    * Evaluation of damage effect

Please post any problems or suggestions here.

Thread Information