STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

All for One: The Baker's Daughter test run complete

Last night I did a test run for the All for One adventure. Man, time flies. I might have to tighten the screws a bit on that one. Of course it did end in a TPK, but I didn't have the full contingent of musketeers, so that's okay.

Of course the party took an entirely different approach to the adventure than I had planned for - resulting in quickly drawn maps and improvised encounters (see the image)

Still everybody had a blast, and it's great to get feedback (another player who experienced FG for the first time and really liked it).

I am very much looking forward to running this at FG Con.

Blog Entries
    you might for a Con game like to introduce some story element to keep the party on the intended track or close to it

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    Story elements? WUT? You don't mean I should actually talk to my players, do you? Story elements are for wussies and girls!

:P

Blog Entries
    you could always use a couple of very long steel rails on wooden sleepers....

Blog Entries
    In all seriousness - I am happy to have done this test run. It allows me to plan a bit better, and have a better idea where things could get off the rails (and help shooing the players back on track).

One of the players was totally new to FG and Savage Worlds, so it took 15-20 minutes to get him on track. Something to take into account in a limited time gaming session.

Blog Entries
    I try to keep it down to 3 scenes. Introduction, exposition and conclusion. I also prefer to start out of chronological order and in media res. If the game is 4 hrs I prepare for 3hrs and have an optional encounter/scene in my back pocket in case I need it.
    Last edited by Mask_of_winter; March 13th, 2015 at 00:31.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    I try to keep it down to 3 scenes. Introduction, exposition and conclusion. I also prefer to start out of chronological order and in media resif the game is 4 hrs I prepare for 3hrs and have an optional encounter/scene in my back pocket in case I need it.
    This is a very good formula for a fixed slot, one-off, convention type game. It's easier to add optional stuff in during the game if you are running faster than anticipated, than to take key storyline stuff out if you're running slowly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information