Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bought a DLC for FGII on Steam - Cannot access it

I just bought FGII and "PFRPG Basic Paths: Fangs from the Past" from Steam. After running FGII, I cannot find the DLC. In Steam under FGII's DLC, I get the following message: "You currently have no downloadable content for this product.". I own a Mac and am new to FGII. I got by email a receipt from both Paypal & Steam Store that everything was purchased. In Steam, it says that the DLC is in the Library. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you very much for all the help in advance.

When you launch Fantasy Grounds go to the "Settings" window and enable the "Check Steam for DLC" options at the bottom of the settings window. Click "OK" and then "Update". If you are logged into the Steam client when you run the update it will recognise the product in your Steam library and install them.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you very much for answering quickly. I did as told, but I still have nothing in my Steam DLC library for FGII. However, I did purchase the DLC. Would it be easier if I installed directly from WineBottler instead (as suggested in some of the posts) since Steam does not seem to recognize this DLC purchase within the Application? Thank you once again!.

The DLC you purchased will appear as a module available for activation within a PFRPG campaign, it won't appear as a campaign. You need to create a PFRPG campaign and then go to the library to activate the module. Info on this here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library

Have you tried this?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes I have, Thank you for the Link. The only adventure module I can find is: "Well Met In Kith'takharos". But it was there before I purchase "PFRPG Basic Path: Fangs of from the Past". There are a lot of other rulebooks, But that is the only adventure module. I do not know what would be the next step that I should do? I am ready to listen to anymore suggestions. In case it might be relevant. I have Yosemite as my OS. Thank you very much for all the help. It is well appreciated.

After you've ran an update, open the <FG App Data> directory (press the folder icon to the top right on the main launch page) and open update.log. Scroll to the end and see if there has been any error message logged for the Steam DLC check (it will be right at the end of the log). For example, if I'm not logged into the Steam client on my computer when I run the update I see the following:
    Code:
    Getting purchases from Steam server
      Unable to access Steam client.
      Please login to Steam, and update again,
      or disable Steam DLC option in Settings.
    Update check complete
    This tells me that I don't have the Steam client installed on my computer and/or I haven't logged into the Steam client application. If I run the Steam client application and log into it, then the Steam DLC content check works.

Now I am at a loss. I got the error you mentioned above under "update.log". So to make sure, I tried to log out of Steam and it said that FGII needed to be closed first. I did logout of Steam. Closed steam, and restarted it. Then did the update again. Went into the "update.log" file and I get the exact "Code" as you mentioned above again. I most definitely am doing something wrong. The only reason why I bought this module/adventure, was to test further the capabilities of FGII to see I eventually I can get it running between me and a friend or two. I chose Steam for ease of access. This is the only application I use for Steam under Mac (Yosemite). By the way, I also have Bootcamp and run Steam under it for other games. It is well appreciated for all the effort you have gone threw to help me. I just hope it can be resolved soon without taking too much of your time.

Blog Entries
    Please do try unchecking the Check Steam DLC and run update and then re-tick and re-run update.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Tried and no change. Sorry. I also just tried to validate Steam in case; and found that 29 files were missing. Fixed it. checked everything on this thread again and no change. Any more suggestions please? I am starting to be worried here... Thanks for your time!

Blog Entries
    Hello Macmini,

Steam DLC purchases don't work for Mac users. All the DLC is marked as Windows only on Steam - but unfortunately Steam doesn't warn you when you purchase anything that is not marked as compatible. For any of those, you'll need to buy them from your account here and then it will install them to your Steam copy of Fantasy Grounds. If you can send the screenshot or the receipt over to [email protected], I can link that purchase with your account for you. The files are ultimately the same, but the Steam version of Fantasy Grounds is unable to access the DLC list in Steam when running on a Mac, and therefore our system doesn't know what it needs to download and install. The good news is that it is fixable from our end.

-Doug

Thread Information