DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How to setup a "Grappled" effect with a save ends

Hi,

Just wondering how to setup a Grappled effect with a SAVE ENDS on a STR 13 DC?

Any idea's tried lots of random stuff that isn't working

TIA

I don't think you can do this. Grappled is not an effect which is recognised by FG so you would have to set that up using an extension such as this https://https://www.fantasygrounds.c...ity-extensions. You could then use that in an IF statement to do stuff. Unfortunately you cannot use that to force a Save. This is one of these things which you would have to do manually I'm afraid.

I noticed Grappled is not in the official list of effect but I was trying things like
    SAVE: 13 STR
    SAVE: 13 strength

Couldn't get FG to do the auto roll though - I know FG is very fussy about format/grammar of an effect

Effects "effect" the result of a roll - they only trigger their effect when a roll is made; they don't trigger rolls (other than DMGO (ongoing damage) and REGEN (regeneration)).

SAVE is used to adjust the result of a roll of a saving throw with either a numerical or die modifier, not to trigger the actual saving throw.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there a way to trigger a saving throw - as there is in 4e FG - would be similar to rolling a death save on end-of-turn?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer View Post
    Is there a way to trigger a saving throw - as there is in 4e FG - would be similar to rolling a death save on end-of-turn?
    The death save is built into the LUA code of the 5E ruleset. There is not a way to setup/trigger saving throws through effects. The LUA code of the ruleset would have to be modified to do this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You could, of course, set Grapple up as an at will spell, and have the player cast Grapple.

Quite an elegant solution Griogre.

Agree. I like that solution

Glad you liked it. I've found you can use actions to kinda fill the gaps in special cases.

Thread Information