FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    It will need to be an "extension" that modifies the base behavior of the game system ruleset. The example in post #4 from DroW is one example where someone used that information.

Any extensions need to be bundled correctly, and placed in the "extensions" subfolder of the FG data folder.

If you are interested in modding the system through extensions, you should probably start reviewing the basics in the Developer section of the wiki:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...eveloper+Guide

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It will need to be an "extension" that modifies the base behavior of the game system ruleset. The example in post #4 from DroW is one example where someone used that information.

Any extensions need to be bundled correctly, and placed in the "extensions" subfolder of the FG data folder.

If you are interested in modding the system through extensions, you should probably start reviewing the basics in the Developer section of the wiki:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...eveloper+Guide

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for the quick answer and the link to the developer Wiki. I will try to work from here. I figured out already, that I have to use extension.
    Best Regards
    Deryl

I there a way to have a derived stat calculated by subtracting another derived stat? I am able to half and add to, but not subtract from. I am trying to update the Realms of Cthulhu extension so that it correctly determines the Sanity stat, which is calculated by taking (half of Spirit) +2 - corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    I there a way to have a derived stat calculated by subtracting another derived stat? I am able to half and add to, but not subtract from. I am trying to update the Realms of Cthulhu extension so that it correctly determines the Sanity stat, which is calculated by taking (half of Spirit) +2 - corruption.
    The first post by Ikael is still valid. There is an extension on the forge by Lonewolf which implements a derived stat, take a look at that and the first post and you will work it out methinks.

Thanks for the help, but I've looked at Ikael's post in the begining and haven't seen any information as to how to subtract. There are ones for halving, sum, division, multiplying, min and average.

It looks like the Lonewolf one just adds an extra derived stat and doesn't use other stats to affect it. Maybe when Ikael comes back in the future or someone else before that might have an answer.

Thanks for the help, but I've looked at Ikael's post in the begining and haven't seen any information as to how to subtract. There are ones for halving, sum, division, multiplying, min and average.

It looks like the Lonewolf one just adds an extra derived stat and doesn't use other stats to affect it. Maybe when Ikael comes back in the future or someone else before that might have an answer.
    I think you use <modifier></modifier> to subtract. Is Corruption in this case also a Derived Stat?

That works to add, but I couldn’t get it to subtract. Maybe I am missing some thing. I was trying to see if I could get it to work partly to learn more about what was possible and also that I would like to run some Savage Cthulhu in the future.

Thanks for all the updates you do to the Savage Rifts stuff. I have almost everything for it and plan to play that sometime in the future when my players know Savage Worlds well enough.

That works to add, but I couldn’t get it to subtract. Maybe I am missing some thing. I was trying to see if I could get it to work partly to learn more about what was possible and also that I would like to run some Savage Cthulhu in the future.

Thanks for all the updates you do to the Savage Rifts stuff. I have almost everything for it and plan to play that sometime in the future when my players know Savage Worlds well enough.
    I will have a look at the weekend see if I can figure it out.

In Horror Companion (SWADE) Sanity got "removed" and Fear expanded to make Sanity a role-play element rather than a stat.

Thanks for buying the Savage Rifts stuff, I put a lot of time into that (and still do).

Thanks for taking a look.

It shows that you put a lot of time into your conversions as they are very well done. I’ll grab the horror companion when it goes on sale.

dmbronw, can you post a code snippet?

Thread Information