FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

PARSER for GURPS?

It is not that is not good, but we can improve more.
    There is no way to develop a parser for GURPS?
    I feel like he was abandoned, I feel like everything is caught without change, of course I understand that it is frustrating to want to develop something and can not due to restrictions. But I believe that with a parser or something had been easier to develop a theme for the fundo..organizar the structures of rules and al who want to change to do so at your own risk.

Blog Entries
    Hi yako2020 I think some of your post was lost in translation...
    Do you want a theme or a parse tool?
    The parse tool is generally quite time consuming to build and so rulesets like GURPs which dont have the player base are less likely to get one...

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

And because GURPS isn't currently based on CoreRPG it makes it even harder to even parse basic stuff. For example, PAR5E will work on all CoreRPG based rulesets for story entries, tables, etc - i.e. the base, none 5E stuff. But, GURPS isn't based on CoreRPG so the FG XML classes used to specify the GUI probably won't match.

I think I read somewhere that someone (saithan?) was looking at converting the GURPS 4E ruleset to CoreRPG - but I know that it is a HUGE, frustrating job to do that and won't blame him if it doesn't happen.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Damned I like same, Theme and Parser, but Trenloe answer my question that was a possibility of Saithan develop a GURPS in CoreRPG, I like many RPG systems, but in special GURPS and sometimes I feel like GURPS is dead...
    For many reasons, but the first feeling about his dead is not use the digital era resources to make easier to join peoples of all corner of the world and uses the potential of a tabletop...
    Remember is just a way to express my opinion

Blog Entries
    Hi yako2020 I was only trying to understand your need better in case I could help - i was not criticizing you

I understood Damned..
    I had a great difficult to express in english...my bad...
    But the question are about a development of parser for GURPS, but they are not developed to support this feature... I hope soon they can support this feature.

there are updates coming, real life has taken the forefront but i have been working on updates that are in testing now.
    personally as far as my work goes, no plans on making a parser. as I been trying hard to stay within the SJG policies.
    as for themes I have made a few I will share. though Gigerman I believe has made a few very nice ones.

I do have a few skins I've worked up, each in various states of completion. I have a "medieval" skin that is pretty-much complete. I have one based on X-Com (guess you'd call it "Space" otherwise) that is usable, but not complete. I have one for Fallout that is essentially complete—just a bit of a recolor of Ultra-Modern. I have an LCARS-based Star Trek skin that isn't really usable; stumped by the current limitations of the system. If anyone want to use/see any of them, feel free to contact me.

Ronnke has been working/helping on the CoreRPG conversion of the GURPS ruleset, and our group has been providing input. I can tell you that it's "nearly ready" for prime-time, though I couldn't begin to guess how long it will take to finish.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Wow, X-Com Skin, I like to hear that...don´t say you like X-Com and play it in GURPS....
    It will be incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
    Ronnke has been working/helping on the CoreRPG conversion of the GURPS ruleset, and our group has been providing input. I can tell you that it's "nearly ready" for prime-time, though I couldn't begin to guess how long it will take to finish.
    Who are the members of this elite task force, "wanted by the government for a crime they didn't commit." ?

Thread Information