FG Spreadshirt Swag

Talking Hoard of the Dragon Queen Session #2 Live at 5pm MST!

Session #2 of the Tyranny of Dragons - Hoard of the Dragon Queen, we will be live streaming once again! Game starts at 5pm MST (Az time) Come check it out!

https://www.twitch.tv/behindthedmscreen

Hi Vishera,

I watched your stream yesterday, and found it very entertaining, so thanks for streaming it. I learned a lot about running games using Fantasy Grounds.

I also noticed that you had some difficulty with players being able to target monsters using the map, and instead targeted using the Combat Tracker. Being new to Fantasy Grounds, I'm not sure if this will fix that problem, but it looked as though you were dragging the player character icons from the Party Sheet or elsewhere, and onto the map, which doesn't link them to the combat tracker. Am I right in thinking that you need to drag the player icon from the Combat Tracker and to the map, as you seemed to do later in the session for the monsters, so that the Combat Tracker recognises the players in its internal systems, and then they can Ctrl-Click to target monsters on the map as they were initially trying to do?

I hope this is the solution for that problem you were experiencing, but if not, hopefully someone else will provide us an answer.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hi Vishera,

I watched your stream yesterday, and found it very entertaining, so thanks for streaming it. I learned a lot about running games using Fantasy Grounds.

I also noticed that you had some difficulty with players being able to target monsters using the map, and instead targeted using the Combat Tracker. Being new to Fantasy Grounds, I'm not sure if this will fix that problem, but it looked as though you were dragging the player character icons from the Party Sheet or elsewhere, and onto the map, which doesn't link them to the combat tracker. Am I right in thinking that you need to drag the player icon from the Combat Tracker and to the map, as you seemed to do later in the session for the monsters, so that the Combat Tracker recognises the players in its internal systems, and then they can Ctrl-Click to target monsters on the map as they were initially trying to do?

I hope this is the solution for that problem you were experiencing, but if not, hopefully someone else will provide you an answer.

Have fun.
    Yeah I did have some targeting difficulty but Trenloe PM'ed me some suggestions I find will help greatly next session. Glad you liked the stream! I will post up every time we go live in the future.
    and yes you are right, I should be dragging them from the CT instead of their portraits

Thread Information