FG Spreadshirt Swag

Do negative stat effects not work?

I was trying to make an effect of "DMG: -1d8 [-DEX]" but it doesn't seem to recognize the negative DEX value. It's documented in the wiki that it should work, but no luck. "DMG: -1d8 [DEX]" works just fine, but that works out to -1d8 and then add one back in.

(I need the Parry maneuver: reduce incoming damage by 1d8 + DEX--which I want to just make an effect to drop on the target.)

Anyone know what I should be typing for [-DEX]?
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Thanks for report. Double, half and negative are broken; I'll get in next update.

Cheers,
    JPG

Ha, Xorn. Even without meaning to you have just shown me the way to set up the Monk's Deflect Missile class feature. I was trying to set up the effect on the target rather than the attacker!

So it's broken at the moment but if I set up an effect of DMG: [-DEX] [-LVL] that should properly reduce the damage?

There's been a couple of updates since this post but I'm not seeing anything that would suggest that this particular thingie has been addressed. Am I correct or have I just missed it, or alternatively am I doing it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There's been a couple of updates since this post but I'm not seeing anything that would suggest that this particular thingie has been addressed. Am I correct or have I just missed it, or alternatively am I doing it wrong?
    See line 11 of the 3.0.11 patch notes: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...atchnotes.html

[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Ability tags in effect text not being handled correctly if modifiers used (+, -, 2, H). Fixed.
    Also read the last line of the "Modifiers" section of the 5E effects page carefully: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

When applying effects from PC sheet powers, bracketed ability tags ([STR],[DEX],...) can be added to the modifier dice and numerical portion to adjust by current PC attribute modifiers. The ability tags can be set to negative ([-INT]), half ([HWIS]) or double ([2CHA]).
    These are used in the the PC sheet powers only, adding them directly to the combat tracker won't do anything. e.g. If a PC has a strength of 14 and you have an effect in the PC power of ATK: [-STR] then when you add that to the combat tracker it will change into STR: 2. So, if the PC strength changes, the effect will need to be removed and added again.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See line 11 of the 3.0.11 patch notes: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...atchnotes.html
    How the bloody hell did I miss that!

Also I was doing it wrong as well. I am setting up the Monk's Deflect Missile ability (which reduces damage by 1d10+DEX+LVL). I was applying the effect to the monk but of course it needs to be applied to the aggressor.

Another valuable lesson learned. And thank you once again young Trenloe

Thread Information