DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ts.salvador View Post
    But if it is that simple, it should not be hard to port 7ed right?
    Depends what your definition of "hard" is... It certainly won't require a rewrite of the ruleset, but it will still take not inconsiderable time/effort.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Depends what your definition of "hard" is... It certainly won't require a rewrite of the ruleset, but it will still take not inconsiderable time/effort.
    Ahhh.... but its good fun huh?
    As an idea have a look at this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...on-for-CoreRPG
    It only does the following:
    1. Adds an Option Choice in Options
    2. Adds a Sword Icon to the Combat Tracker to show/hide an Attack String
    3. Adds an Attack string to Combat Tracker Actors
    4. Attack String is clickable/rollable
    5. Adds up to 4 columns to the Combat Tracker based on Option in 1. above
    6. Adds a message and Icon when you load it

There is about 20kb of code there. Much of it is pilfered from elsewhere but there is still a certain degree of work required to do stuff.
    For fun - have a look at this thread (where I am adding the column show/hide) and see how hard a poor sod like me finds this stuff (and how frustrated Trenloe must be that I know where he lives!).
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Using-Options

Dont be put off by this. Just trying to put things in context.
    I tried 2x and failed dismally to hack my own ruleset - but I also have no skill in this.
    I persisted on the third attempt - with lots of help from Trenloe, Ian Ward, cscase and a couple of others - and of course the availability of the other rulesets to learn from.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Are you familar with LUA and XML coding? then yes - you probably could write an extension to update this to 7e.
    If you are not familiar with LUA and XML coding then prepare for some frustrating learning curves.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    With programming and XML yes? Lua not yet. I was wondering how much work it would be disassembling the current 6e and adapting it to 7e (not considering licensing issues of course). But this would be a future project if anything. i *just* started with 6ed, not sure if am ready to consider moving up, specially since there's a lot of 6ed material available!

Thread Information