DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

7th Edition extension

Has anyone been adventurous enough to develop a 7th Edition extension for Call of Cthulhu?
    Time Zone: EST/GMT -5

Insanity is relative, it depends who has whom locked in what cage.

Correct. I hadn't thought an official 7th Edition ruleset was out yet. The edition is complete, I believe the backers got pdfs, but there are no printed books yet.
    I was hoping someone maybe had started one from the quickstart rules or was a backer.
    Time Zone: EST/GMT -5

Insanity is relative, it depends who has whom locked in what cage.

Blog Entries
    nyet.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    Correct. I hadn't thought an official 7th Edition ruleset was out yet. The edition is complete, I believe the backers got pdfs, but there are no printed books yet.
    I was hoping someone maybe had started one from the quickstart rules or was a backer.
    Interesting, I was sure the physical books were out, specially since they just released the Horror at the Orient Express one. Well, frankly I am finding the 6ed ruleset a bit wonky in FG, but it might just be me, currently I am finding myself doing everything manually, and if that's how it is done, then porting 7ed shouldn't be that hard, but I reckon I might just be doing it wrong!

Blog Entries
    Can you give some examples?
    CoC definitely does not have the Automation of the D&D style rulesets.

Hello Damend,

So far, damage rolls and sanity is having to be manually tracked. I have not tested combat out yet, but I might do so today depending on what the players decide to do.

As I said, it might be me not being used to it yet, in comparison with how everything kinda just worked with D&D 4e.

Activate the "Using the Ruleset" module in the library and this will give you guidelines on what has to be done manually and what has automation. You're correct, you need to manually adjust the Sanity Points, Magic Points and Hit Points in the top right og the main page of the character sheet. But rolling for SAN (double-lick the SAN box below the main stats) you just have to apply the results manually.

Damage should be applied through targeting and the combat tracker. If not, you can drag damage to the entry in the combat tracker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah I did that. Will do so again. But if it is that simple, it should not be hard to port 7ed right?

Blog Entries
    Are you familar with LUA and XML coding? then yes - you probably could write an extension to update this to 7e.
    If you are not familiar with LUA and XML coding then prepare for some frustrating learning curves.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Thread Information