5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Yes, that's a great idea. We are constantly looking up conditions. I can never remember them. I can remember the most obscure rulings, but cannot seem to remember these damn conditions. Are you able to share?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

As the OGL has come out since this discussion started, you could make a public module based off any conditions listed in the 5E SRD (and include the OGL text in the module).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm also curious how you got that form. I have yet to find a means to contact them to request similar request to license their IP.
    I forgot where I found it, but they never got back to me. I would assume based on the license as long as they aren't sold I can distro the module?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishera View Post
    I would assume based on the license as long as they aren't sold I can distro the module?
    If it's their Intellectual Property, is covered by copyright, and is not part of the OGL SRD then, no. Distributing stuff for free does not remove copyright restrictions.

If the "stuff" is now part of the OGL SRD then you can redistribute it, sell it, etc. as long as you include the correct OGL statement, adhere to the requirements of the OGL and do not include other copyright protected material without permission.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 9th, 2016 at 21:52.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishera View Post
    conditions aren't listed in the SRD?
    I specifically stated "and is not part of the OGL SRD". I haven't checked which/what conditions are part of the SRD.

gotcha, I'll have to take a look. I want to make sure everything is OK with it before distributing to anyone.

Blog Entries
    To be clear, you can make your own condition cards from SRD materials as long as you follow the rules of the OGL. If someone else did the artwork and design of what you are showing, then you need their permission to use the artwork and design.

That is the same for almost all OGL materials, including anything created by third parties.

If you do not understand the OGL, please do a little online research.

I believe the only artwork used from them is the D&D logo at the bottom, which I think they allow use of but I'll have to double check. all else fails, people are just going to have to make their own. It isn't hard by any means.

Blog Entries
    If you look at OGL content that has been published, the D&D logo is never used. I am pretty sure the name is forbidden to be used and the logo is protected.

You could create a graphic 5e and use it.

You must include the OGL and follow the instructions inside of it.

Thread Information