FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 17 First 123412 ... Last

Dunno if this is a good fix or not, but as of now (December 25, 2015 at 8:38) I got a successful connection test after:

Allowing access through the firewall
    Port forwarding 1802 (TCP/UDP) to my local IP (192.168.0.9)
    Disabling Hamachi's virtual ethernet adapter through the control panel.

I've been fighting this for the good part of the past couple hours, and I started with port forwarding 1802. It worked... for a day. Then it refused connections. Then, after keeping 1802 forwarded, I opened up 1803, which worked... for day. Tonight, it completely broke, absolutely refusing to accept a connection.

After completely disabling Hamachi by exiting the program and disabling its virtual ethernet adapter, I got it working. Crossing my fingers that this works permanently. Considering getting the ultimate license, and if it's refusing to work I might reconsider.

Blog Entries
    Hey TheRedFox8.

TCP1803 has nothing to do with anything.
    UDP1802 should have nothing to do with anything either.

TCP1802 is what you need. Why does it work one day and not the next and then maybe starts working again a couple of days later?
    Probably your LAN IP on your host computer is changing. This is not uncommon with many routers.
    In most cases your computer is getting a DHCP address from the router.
    By default your computer will request the last DHCP IP address it previously had but the router may or may not honour this request.

Many routers will allow you to Reserve an IP address for a specific computer.
    Id look into doing that - or if this computer is always at this location you can manually assign it an IP Address (eg dont use DHCP for that computer) and exclude that IP from the DHCP pool.

Then make sure you have the TCP1802 pointing to the correct IP Address.
    Reboot your router if its not working and double check that you changes have stuck.

PM me if you need more help.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey TheRedFox8.

TCP1803 has nothing to do with anything.
    UDP1802 should have nothing to do with anything either.

TCP1802 is what you need. Why does it work one day and not the next and then maybe starts working again a couple of days later?
    Probably your LAN IP on your host computer is changing. This is not uncommon with many routers.
    In most cases your computer is getting a DHCP address from the router.
    By default your computer will request the last DHCP IP address it previously had but the router may or may not honour this request.

Many routers will allow you to Reserve an IP address for a specific computer.
    Id look into doing that - or if this computer is always at this location you can manually assign it an IP Address (eg dont use DHCP for that computer) and exclude that IP from the DHCP pool.

Then make sure you have the TCP1802 pointing to the correct IP Address.
    Reboot your router if its not working and double check that you changes have stuck.

PM me if you need more help.

I was just stating what worked for me. I don't know why port 1803 worked that one day, and didn't the next.

I checked it again a couple minutes ago and it reported success, so maybe disabling the Hamachi virtual ethernet adapter was what fixed it for me.

Crossing my fingers. Hopefully this solution is permanent.

Okay, so I have forwarded port 1802. I still get a test failure. My information shows as follows:

Attachment 14338
    Attachment 14339

Does anyone have helpful suggestions or means to assist me with this issue, please? I would very much appreciate it!

UPDATE: Okay so, after scrounging around the forums for answers, I figured out that I needed to do a separate port forwarding on the modem that my wireless router is connected to. Derp.
    I opened port forwarding for port 1802 on my NetGear router as well as my Modem and Viola! I now get a Success when I test the connection. Perfect!
    And now...to test it with an actual game, with me as the GM...

PS. For anyone who would have helped me, the intention is what counts!
    Last edited by LuckyDragon; June 11th, 2016 at 21:21. Reason: Updated information
    Running: Ultimate License (FGC/FGU)
    Preferred Rulesets: Pathfinder/Starfinder
    Timezone: US Eastern Standard Time [EST = GMT -5; EDT = GMT - 4]

Thanks for sharing your findings.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Well done LuckyDragon!

I am getting this error now also. I have had others connect to me with no problems up until today. Checked my router to make sure that the port forward was still in place for my PC (I have a static IP assigned to my PC so that it doesn't change). Looked into my netgear modem and saw no was to open port. Port 80 is always open though since that is the internet port. I am not running any firewall so nothing to open there. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with the Ultimate licence from FG. So I'm at a total loss as what's changed. If anyone has any thoughts on the matter let me know please.

Thanks for your time and efforts!

Ra
    Last edited by RaTath; August 14th, 2016 at 18:41.

*ALL* ports are "internet ports". Port 80 is the default port for the hypertext protocol. The Internet Protocol defines an internet connection as the connection between two address & port pairs. The port number is an integral part of an internet connection. If nothing on your end has changed, then most likely your ISP has changed something, or you're now routing through a different path within your ISP, and they have some equipment configured differently within their network.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    *ALL* ports are "internet ports". Port 80 is the default port for the hypertext protocol. The Internet Protocol defines an internet connection as the connection between two address & port pairs. The port number is an integral part of an internet connection. If nothing on your end has changed, then most likely your ISP has changed something, or you're now routing through a different path within your ISP, and they have some equipment configured differently within their network.
    yes but if the request connection comes into Port 80 then the routing in the ISP should not be a problem. I said internet port as most people just open a browser and connect to the internet which is port 80. They don't know or want to know about all the other ports.

And since I'm getting to this forum then my ISP is routing port 80 correctly. But thanks for your thoughts Andraax!

Ra
    Last edited by RaTath; August 14th, 2016 at 19:03.

Thread Information