DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... Last

Connection Test Failure

For months, I've had a successful connection test result and now that I actually am ready to host a game, all I get are connection test failures. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be?

come into Teamspeak ...lets see if we can trouble shoot it
    Last edited by JerryRig; February 8th, 2015 at 23:36.

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

Sounds like you have your computer on DHCP and the router decided to hand it a different IP address, while the rule in the router's firewall is still pointing to your old address.

In teamspeak, where are you?

Also, Andraax, at the risk of sounding daft.... Whaaaaa?
    Last edited by Alzarian Crimson; February 8th, 2015 at 23:53.

Blog Entries
    Alzarian - I can help you in the next 15mins only.
    In FG Con Community TeamSpeak Server.

Looks like hes might have him a virus ....wasn't the port forwarding thing yet. He's working on remedying his possible other problems his child may have given his PC.

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

Fixed! Thank you! It seems that I needed to forward the port. Here's how I did it, just in case you're having a similar problem and need a little additional info to get it done.

Problem: Fantasy Grounds Server Test results in a “Failure.”

Solution: Make sure port “1802” is open and forwarding both on your router and modem.

In order to solve this problem (at least as I understand it), you have to know what your computer’s specific IP information is and then take that information to the admin pages of your router and modem.

1. Find your router info. Get to a DOS prompt. I do this on Windows 7 by going to the “start” button on the bottom left of my screen, selecting “Accessories” then selecting “Command Prompt.” At the command prompt, type “ipconfig /all”. (Note, there is a space between the g and the /). You will get a listing of all kinds of numbers. The ones you are looking for are:

a. “Default Gateway”
    b. “Subnet Mask”
    c. “DNS Server” IP Address
    d. Computer’s “Internal IP”

Write these numbers down.

2. Get to your router admin page. Open up your internet browser. In the address bar, type: “https://” and then your Default Gateway number. Hit Enter. This should take you to the admin page of your router. It will likely ask you for a username and password. User name should be “admin” and password should be “password” (unless you’ve changed it before).

3. Open/Forward Port. Find the “Forward Port” button on the router admin page to get to the port forwarding interface. You will either see a list of entries that can be altered, or you will see no list. If you see no list, look for an “add” button. Add port 1802. Make sure that it is pointing to your computer’s Internal IP.

4. Test. Close out and boot up your Fantasy Grounds and run a Server Test. If it comes back as a Failure, it could mean that your modem is separate from your router and you may have to do the same thing for your modem as we did for the router. (Mine was the same)

5. Modem. Follow steps 2-4 for your modem by using your DNS Server IP Address instead of your Default Gateway number.

6. Good Luck!!
    Last edited by Alzarian Crimson; February 9th, 2015 at 15:28.

I too am getting a connection fail when I click on the run test button

I am having a similar issue, it was working yesterday but today it will fail the connection test. I have port forwarded as described above, and have double checked my firewall to make sure it wasn't blocked... not sure what else I can do. Anyone free to help me troubleshoot?

Thread Information