DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    VF, i think it is sometimes necessary to fudge a bit when the narrative calls for it, not on every roll. i really like the idea of imposing the -2 or -5 on the roll when some leeway is desired. still keeps the tension of the roll with a better chance for desired results.

I squeal with delight every time I roll a crit. There's actually footage of it on my twitch channel. I created a balanced encounter for them--let the dice fall where they may. Besides, I said, "Are you sure?" like four times before they paddled out into the swamp in rickety canoes in the middle of the night and no torches.

NOTE: I still use hidden rolls--to hide the math behind the rolls, not the results. I don't want them to know exactly what a monsters attack and damage rolls are from one roll.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

I don't fudge dice like many of you have stated, in fact I roll in front of my players 99.9% of the time to avoid the pressure of doing that. Let's face it, these are dangerous worlds they are traveling in, they're not in the safety of towns and playing a shopkeeper, they're crawling knee deep in dangerous places trying to aquire/steal creatures treasure, ect.

So I let the dice fall where they may. If a character dies, they'll be upset all the way up to the time they roll a up new one; unless it's a high level character and that may take some time. I can say in my two campaigns most people like the no fudging and the feeling of danger and have openly said so.
    Thanks JH79
    AKA: Valorious Goodspeak: Gold Hill Dwarf Cleric
    Thaldor Hammersmith: Mountain Shield Dwarf

Parsed full versions-5th Edition books in-game: Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide

DMing 5e content, currently:
    Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen
    Playing in Star Wars Edge of the Empire

Ultimate Licence Holder: You play for free
    1000+ Wizards Of The Coast Miniatures used in-game
    Team Speak Address: ts.fg-con.com
    Password: Dungeoneers

Yes, I fudge dice rolls.

Let's say you have a toxic player, you're talked to him about it, and he continues.

You're not allowed to ban him, because you DM for your FLGS and it's an open table.

The player says that's the way his character would act.

After DMing these kind of players, you know exactly how they're going to act in any situation.

Hmm, he ran ahead, didn't give the rogue time to check for traps.

Oh darn, he fell 20 ft onto spikes, and the club trap did a CRIT.

I'm sorry, please feel free to roll up another character, it shouldn't take you more than a few months to get him back to 6th level.

I still don't know why he hasn't shown back up.

(Yes, I made every single part of this up, I was bored)
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    Yes, I fudge dice rolls.

Let's say you have a toxic player, you're talked to him about it, and he continues.

You're not allowed to ban him, because you DM for your FLGS and it's an open table.

The player says that's the way his character would act.

After DMing these kind of players, you know exactly how they're going to act in any situation.

Hmm, he ran ahead, didn't give the rogue time to check for traps.

Oh darn, he fell 20 ft onto spikes, and the club trap did a CRIT.

I'm sorry, please feel free to roll up another character, it shouldn't take you more than a few months to get him back to 6th level.

I still don't know why he hasn't shown back up.

(Yes, I made every single part of this up, I was bored)
    This is not a fake story... I don't fudge dice.
    Last edited by Vgamer; February 20th, 2015 at 10:57.

Thread Information