FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    And now time for something completely underwhelming.

A very basic characters sheet for the new Conan Quickstart RPG.

Just saves you the time of having to type it up yourself.

Jolly

VenomousFiligree
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    And now time for something completely underwhelming.

A very basic characters sheet for the new Conan Quickstart RPG.

Just saves you the time of having to type it up yourself.

Jolly
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing, ShotGun Jolly.

Conan Quick Start Characters

Ok, so my Conan RPG binge continues.. Why? Cause I am really going to want to play this game when it comes out! I have been waiting for something like this for well over 40 years! And I am going to want to make sure other people are going to want to play it too. So, I figured I make a Character sheet filled out for each of the Quick Start Characters to help with my goal of getting a group of people playing this on Fantasy Grounds.

Everything should be automated, like damage rolls, etc. But you WILL NEED the MoreCore Extension to use it. Anyways. Here you go!

Enjoy!
    Jolly

Copyright Friendly Version
    Last edited by ShotGun Jolly; March 8th, 2016 at 14:45.

13th Age

I ran a 13th Age game at FG - Con 8, attached are my pregens and a blank character sheet

CoreRPG character sheets for Swords and Wizardry from Frog God Games. Separate templates for Fighters, Clerics, Magic Users. Why not more? I do not allow the other classes in my campaign (at least, not yet).

The system forces alphabetical order on the character sheets elements based on their name, so arabic and roman numerals were used to organize the sections in the desired order.
    Roman numerals are treated as simple letters so no section IX (9).

The duration of the Turn Undead ability (3d6 rounds) is not included in the Cleric sheet because I assume the GM will roll that secretly.

edit: Loyalty Bonus from Charisma was added because I will use it based on Basic Fantasy as a houserule.
    edit2: Did a bit of clean-up on the character sheets

As an extra, here is a character sheet to roll attributes (3d6 straight).
    Note: If multiple players roll at the same time, make sure they type their name in their sheet first, to avoid mixing up the results in the chat log.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Szabtom; June 6th, 2020 at 23:56. Reason: loyalty bonus explained, typos, cleaned up character sheets

Here is a generic sheet I created for Swords and Wizardry based off of the work that Szbatom has already done. . .

OSE B/X Sheets

Necrotic Gnome's Old School Essentials (OSE) is 100% compatible with the 1981 Moldvay/Cook Basic/Expert (B/X) ruleset. Seeing as there's no pre-made ruleset or character sheets that I could find for these rules I created these.

The sheets use THAC0, not Ascending AC, and do not use Individual Initiative. They use the Basic rules as found on the OSE SRD except for a few Expert rules:

• Arcane Casters use the Expert Spell Books and Learning Spells rules
    • Magic-Users, Illusionists, and similar arcane spell casters normally limited to using daggers only can use staves in combat
    • Clerics and Paladins use the Expert Turn Undead rules

I'm no expert with Fantasy Grounds so I used some weird math and hacks to get the rolls to work for me. I'd be happy to have some guidance on making these better or for someone to build on what I've started creating here. I wrote notes on the character sheet itself but here is a description of how the rolls work:

• I set the initial value of all scores or mods that should always be negative on the character sheet to -1 as a reminder to fill them in as negative numbers. The actual values will always be positive; however, I set them as negatives to get the math to work.
    • Ability Checks: These are roll-under so I set the numbers negative with a note that a roll of 0 or under will succeed. For example, if you have a Strength of 10 you'd log it on the sheet as -10. A roll of 11 would output as 1, as this is >0 it's a failure. A roll of 7 would output -3; this is <=0 so it would succeed.
    • Saving Throws: These are roll-over. Again I set the numbers negative (and filled in the Level 1 values for your convenience). These succeed on a roll >=0. If your Death Saving Throw is 12 you'd set the value to -12. If you rolled a 16 that calculates as 16-12=4. 4 is >=0 so it's a success.
    • Retainer Loyalty: This is a roll-under similar to Ability Checks so they'd work the same way. Set your initial Loyalty value as a negative in the box (based on CHA) and roll the 2d6. If the result is <=0 it's a success.
    • Exploration: I couldn't think of a way to get this to work as it's an X-in-6 chance to succeed. It'll be the GM's responsibility to compare the die result to the modifier to see if the check succeeds. For example, if the PC has a 2-in-6 chance to open a stuck door, they'd roll the dice. Rather than looking at the total you simply look at what the d6 roll was and compare it against the modifier. If they rolled a 3, 4, 5, or 6 it would fail. If they rolled a 1 or 2 they would succeed. I'd recommend rolling these rolls through the Dice Tower.
    • THAC0: You record your THAC0 as a negative number on the character sheet and use the inverse of the die result as the AC value your roll would hit. For example, if you have a THAC0 of 17 it's recorded as -17, if you rolled a 14 it would calculate as 14-17=-3. You'd use the inverse of the result so your roll would hit an AC 3. If you rolled an 18 the roll result would be 1 which would mean you can hit an AC -1. Remember 20s always hit and 1s always miss.
    • Thief and Expert Class (Acrobat/Assassin/etc.) Skills: These are percentile so you adjust the values based on your level and keep them positive. When you roll your d100 the values are added to the result, meaning if you roll 100 or over the roll is a success. For example, if you have an 87% chance of climbing sheer surfaces and roll a 26 the calculated result would be 113 meaning you succeed. Instead of rolling under 87 like I'd do in person this instead inverts it so you're actually trying to roll over 13 - the math is the same, just backwards.

Reading the above may sound complicated, but in practice it's very simple. Hopefully the screenshots below clear it up. Again, if I did this incorrectly or in a roundabout way I wouldn't be surprised - this is my first time using Fantasy Grounds as I got an Ultimate License from the recent Kickstarter and am just moving my games online due to COVID-19. I wanted to get something usable out by Friday for my first session and this is what I came up with. I hope you find it useful - and improve on it!

Cleric-Turn Undead-Dwarf Notes.png
    Thief-Arcane Magic.png
    Last edited by maderschramm; September 1st, 2021 at 22:14. Reason: added carcass crawler sheets

Awesome! Keep up the good work. Keep them coming!
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

I've updated my post here with the Expert classes. There were also a few typos I fixed on the basic sheets so I re-uploaded those as well.

Hope they're working for you!

Thread Information