5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

How do I link an Item to a Weapon Action?

Complete newb here.

I found this set of instructions on creating my own Modules...
    1. Start a new campaign that you keep separate from your play campaigns
    2. Create a Story entry for each index of content you want. (example: Powers - Fighter Exploits)
    3. Add headings and lists of links for each level and power type and for each power underneath
    4. Create those powers on a blank Fighter character
    5. Drag each of the finished powers to your Story index links as they are completed
    6. use the "/export" chat command to export your story to a new custom module that can be activated in all future campaigns.
    You can use this same approach for every type of data inside Fantasy Grounds.
    So I'm trying that out. I created the story page, Setup my Header and list of Links for some Simple Melee Weapons.
    After the empty links are created, I created my first Item, in the Items tab, a Club.
    I then created a fighter, and created a Club action. I see the Club action has an empty link to the right. I can't link the item to it. I'm lost where to go from here...

Attachment 8973

Attachment 8974

You can see in my example what you need to put in each section to get the other weapon options to show up. I went ahead and filled it out all the way.
    Last edited by Treegreen; February 4th, 2015 at 07:25.
    Ultimate License Holder
    5e, Call of Cthulhu DM

Once you have created the item, drag it onto the character's Inventory page (this might not seem intuitive) and an action will be created on the Actions tab with all the details entered, and the shield will link to the details.

e.g. drag and drop a club onto a character's inventory and a club action will appear on its actions tab.

Thanks Treegreen and Condoro. That was so simple, and yet I'd of never figured it out. I didn't realize the type of "Weapon" was what triggered it to work. So much to learn. lol.

Thread Information