FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 17 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    With the latest FG release, I am not getting error messages, but the tables are not marking the cards as used when Auto is selected.

Nevermind, its a conflict w some other extension.
    Last edited by paladinlee; February 20th, 2021 at 22:53.

Apologies for necroing this thread, but I just got shown this extension. I'm working on a Tarroka deck for my 5E campaign. I plan to use the 'deck' a couple of different ways.

My question is: Will this extension work when automating table rolls in a story entry? So if I want to set up my story/generator to pull seven unique cards, will it do so with this extension active?

Trying to set up a couple story generator pages. One to use as a standard, in game, Tarroka deck. One to use as a backstory generator, and one to use as a generalized plot generator.

Thanks--wish I'd found this one sooner! I don't use a lot of extensions, but as far as I'm concerned, this is a must have!
    Currently DM for the 5E homebrew campaign, Sands of Al-Khemet (Sun, 9am-12pm EST) Alternating
    Currently play as Scrax, a Ysoki operative/gunslinger, in Starfinder's Dead Suns adventure path (Sun, 9am-12pm EST) Alternating

I assume you mean a story template when you say story entry. The answer is yes the cards drawn will be unique and you won't get any repeat cards. Follow the instructions in the first page and tick the auto box on the table that you create with your cards linked to the rows. Then call the table from your template the desired amount of times. (this is why I pointed you to this extension - it does exactly what you wanted per your original post).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by JonStormbringer View Post
    My question is: Will this extension work when automating table rolls in a story entry? So if I want to set up my story/generator to pull seven unique cards, will it do so with this extension active?
    Unfortunately it doesn't fully work. It doesn't check off the previously selected cards. Interestingly, it does limit itself to currently available "cards" if other options have been removed.

I may have a look at seeing if this is straight-forward to update for removing the cards already used. The main issue I'd see is having to manually reset the table before using the story template again.

EDIT: Just seen Zacchaeus's response - unless he knows of a way of getting it to check off the "cards" selected, even with the table set to "auto".
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 20th, 2021 at 19:28.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I assume you mean a story template when you say story entry. The answer is yes the cards drawn will be unique and you won't get any repeat cards. Follow the instructions in the first page and tick the auto box on the table that you create with your cards linked to the rows. Then call the table from your template the desired amount of times. (this is why I pointed you to this extension - it does exactly what you wanted per your original post).
    Great, thanks! As soon as I get the deck fully created I'll give it a try.

Yes, story template is what I meant! I wasn't sure how/if the story template would interact with the extension. I'll get the deck done and try it out. Thanks again!
    Currently DM for the 5E homebrew campaign, Sands of Al-Khemet (Sun, 9am-12pm EST) Alternating
    Currently play as Scrax, a Ysoki operative/gunslinger, in Starfinder's Dead Suns adventure path (Sun, 9am-12pm EST) Alternating

Looking into the code in the standard extension - as mentioned above, it won't check/tick cards as they're used when "Auto" is set.

I've made a new version, see post #138 below.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 21st, 2021 at 18:57.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    EDIT: Just seen Zacchaeus's response - unless he knows of a way of getting it to check off the "cards" selected, even with the table set to "auto".
    Zacchaeus was most likely misunderstanding how this extension worked
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Here's an updated version with an auto plus shuffle option.

I've added this version into the FGU Forge here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/97/view Subscribing via the forge will allow you to get updates via the FG update process.

The options are now a string cycler when the "Cards?" checkmark is selected - the values are "-" (default - no auto check or auto shuffling), "Auto" (auto checking but no auto shuffling) and "A+S" (auto check plus auto shuffling when the last card is used).

So, if you want to use the card functionality in a story template, change the card option to "A+S" for the relevant tables.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 21st, 2021 at 18:58.

Just wanted to say thanks! It works like a charm! Thanks to Zacchaeus for pointing me this direction and thanks to Trenloe for this added functionality. V2 worked great for me and did exactly what I wanted it to. (Forgot to shuffle the deck after each roll, but did try the auto shuffle after the whole deck was drawn--worked great!)

image_2021-07-20_182923.png

My next steps are to add image files for each card and then to make a table top image to make it look like my fortune teller is putting cards down on a table. When I get it done, I'll share a couple screen caps or maybe even a video.

Thanks again!

I've now added the version from post #138 above into the FGU Forge here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/97/view Subscribing via the forge will allow you to get updates via the FG update process.

Thread Information