FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 17 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by tlavalle View Post
    how would i setup the cards that are drawn, to belong to the character drawing the cards, and can you setup a seperate deck per player?
    Each table is a deck, so make one table per player. Then share each table with the relevant player.

If the table has links to other records, then those will need to be accessible to the player using the table - either shared records from a campaign, or a module the player has open

EDIT: The issue you'll have is that the player can't edit the table - it will be read only to them. They can re-shuffle the deck (via the right hand menu) and the drawn cards will be marked as "used" if the GM has "Auto?" checked. But the player can't manually mark cards as used, only the GM can.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 14th, 2019 at 05:39.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

First of all I would really like to thank you for doing this. Not only it's an amazing job, but this opens so many possibilitites, that I am sure at some point when FG evolves this will be on it, and we will have you to thanks for.

I do have two questions though:

1. I know how to create the table and how to add an image linked to each "card", but if I want that card to also be an item that I can drag and drop into a player equipment list, how can I do it? Is it possible to have more than one link, one for the image and another for the item? Is there a way around it so I can accomplish that?

2. I like to use cards so players can see all their items with an image, something like the old spellfire. So I create cards of their weapons and armor and give to them. Is there a way that they can keep the cards anywhere so they can access their images when they just want to have fun looking at it? Would have them creating a note with the link would let them open it anytime they want or is there a better way to do it?

Thank you again, this is the kind of work that helps so many in exchange of so little that should alwyas be commended.
    Last edited by Wise Orc Tavern; April 3rd, 2019 at 15:33.

Quote Originally Posted by MytosBR View Post
    1.I know how to create the table and how to add an image linked to each "card", but if I want that card to also be an item that I can drag and drop into a player equipment list, how can I do it? Is it possible to have more than one link, one for the image and another for the item? Is there a way around it so I can accomplish that?
    Add another column to the table via table edit mode (click the brown / icon to enter edit mode). Then you can drag a link to each column.

2. I like to use cards so players can see all their items with an image, something like the old spellfire. So I create cards of their weapons and armor and give to them. Is there a way that they can keep the cards anywhere so they can access their images when they just want to have fun looking at it? Would have them creating a note with the link would let them open it anytime they want or is there a better way to do it?
    It's probably easiest for the players to add the links to a note that they own.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    If you look at it the other way around.. you can add the image link to any item's description.. then you have the whole thing wrapped up in a nice package.
    You can then put the ITEM into the table rather than the IMAGE.. and voila.. you have it all.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thank you so much mates, that worked like a charm.

I also would like to point out that all this is so good, that I spend more time learning how to do things than actually building up an adventure. That would give a good thread, something like: How to keep your learn addiction at bay and actually use your FG!

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Wise Orc Tavern; April 3rd, 2019 at 16:30.

Like I tell everyone that wants to learn the data for PCGen, it's a slippery slope.

does this currently work with savage worlds? i read the comments back and forth and i couldnt figure it out
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee420 View Post
    does this currently work with savage worlds?
    Nope. Reasoning here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post362443

Just wanted to say thanks for this! I obtained approval from the author of the board game Roll Player to convert the game for free into FG and I was trying to figure out how to handle a dice bag where dice are pulled out along with how to handle card decks. This extension will work for both cases. Very cool.
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b
    Roll Player Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y399kffz
    Rangers of Shadow Deep Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/rnyrgwg

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for this! I obtained approval from the author of the board game Roll Player to convert the game for free into FG and I was trying to figure out how to handle a dice bag where dice are pulled out along with how to handle card decks. This extension will work for both cases. Very cool.
    Glad it's still getting some good use! I've played Roll Player a few times and like it - running on FG will be even better as it will streamline the points calculations, which can slow the game down quite a bit...

Thread Information