STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

*PFS - Pathfinder Module: Feast of Ravenmoor (PFRPG)

An adventure for 2nd-4th level PFS characters

For decades, the tiny village of Ravenmoor has existed quietly on the upper reaches of the Lampblack River, far from the centers of civilization in Varisia. Linked to the outside world only by an overgrown, mostly forgotten trail, the villagers are comfortable with their isolation. Their ways are humble, quaint, and at times odd, and when travelers come, they find the town awkward and unmemorable. Certainly, the lack of a village inn, the oppressive humidity, and the bug-infested moors and swamps that surround the village do little to encourage visitors. When a clerk in the city of Magnimar discovers that, due to a clerical error, the village of Ravenmoor hasn’t paid taxes in years, a tax collector is sent to the distant community to settle accounts with its mayor. When the tax collector fails to return, however, a group of adventurers must travel to the town during its Founders’ Feast celebration to investigate his disappearance. Did he really make off with the taxes for himself, as the villagers suspect? Or did he never make it out of Ravenmoor at all?

Feast of Ravenmoor is an adventure for 3rd-level characters, written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and compatible with the 3.5 edition of the world’s oldest RPG. It features a terrifying adventure set in a rural village in the frontier realm of Varisia, and a brand-new monster eager to torment and frighten unsuspecting adventurers.

Written by Brandon Hodge

Calendar

Guys and Gals, this is a 3XP 4pp game, it will take at least 2 long sessions to complete or we can break it into three, heck we can even do an all day event if you all want to. Be thinking about it and post your thoughts.

Be sure to sign up on the game calendar as well.

Sounds interesting, unfortunately I'm signed up for the Frost Fur. Good seeing parallel games going off on weekends now. Best of luck.
    Server License: Ultimate. Anyone can play for free.
    Server Address: Cold Thief Bold Luck

I signed up but voted no for the time. HG is running a game at that time I believe, it's a little hard to tell with multiple times on his calendar but it looks like thats the preferred time for everyone. There are 8 signups on the calendar though, so there may be some overflow.

How will it work if this scenario takes 2 or 3 weeks to run? Will the PC in this game only be allowed to play in this game until its complete, or drop and take a 0?

Anyhow, I signed up in case it works out.

Yea I apologize, I couldnt tell what was going on on his calendar so I just picked a time. We can change time if you guy want to make suggestions. Victor it's my understanding that once a character starts a scenerios they must finish before that character us eligible to play in another game. Also like a said we can pull an all day session if you guys wanted too, when Skellan ran it we did it in 2 sessions, not 3.
    Last edited by Trueshots; January 31st, 2015 at 05:41.

I am good later in the day afterwards and should be for a few weeks. If you end up with a time I'll come on my Archer Paladin 3.
    Server License: Ultimate. Anyone can play for free.
    Server Address: Cold Thief Bold Luck

The Frost Fur game on Saturday is confirmed for 11AM. Info posted in the game thread and calendar shows 6+GM confirmed on that day. Hopefully very clear. The other times are there as alternate days for 2nd run.

In addition, when you see a time in green, it means the GM has confirmed the table (vs. just voting yes). So, in the calendar, and especially with multiple times, it's good to wait until the table is complete to confirm so that everyone knows which games are approved to proceed. I wasn't immediately aware of that trick, but thought I would pass it on - may be helpful.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; January 31st, 2015 at 14:20.

I'd like to get in on this one if possible. If time stays as it is (8pm GMT) it should be good for me. Otherwise, I'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome
    In addition, when you see a time in green, it means the GM has confirmed the table (vs. just voting yes). So, in the calendar, and especially with multiple times, it's good to wait until the table is complete to confirm so that everyone knows which games are approved to proceed. I wasn't immediately aware of that trick, but thought I would pass it on - may be helpful.
    I am aware of that but in your game for Saturday you have 9 people "confirmed" for a single game. 3 of those will not get to play so they shouldn't be confirmed thus allowing a chance for someone else to run something at the same time.
    accepting everyone is not a good idea, for Skellan's recent game that I was allowed to be an alternative he never accepted me, left me pending. This way playesr know that they are alts and can make decisions on if they want to stay an alt or move to another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots View Post
    I am aware of that but in your game for Saturday you have 9 people "confirmed" for a single game. 3 of those will not get to play so they shouldn't be confirmed thus allowing a chance for someone else to run something at the same time.
    accepting everyone is not a good idea, for Skellan's recent game that I was allowed to be an alternative he never accepted me, left me pending. This way playesr know that they are alts and can make decisions on if they want to stay an alt or move to another game.
    I have multiple sign-ups, but as of yesterday, I had 6 confirmed for the Saturday Game + GM. Since yesterday, Alq Veers has joined the first time as an alternate. The table should be clear, especially with the confirmed calendar time. The multiple sign-ups are for additional games, since I will run it twice as indicated in the forum thread. Also, if GMs don't accept the players, they can't see posts on the calendar page or ask questions there.

I absolutely agree with you that the calendars would benefit from the additional feature and implementation clarity and the addition of a dedicated player status beyond "active" - such as Game 1, Game 2, or ALT, etc. (basic groupings), but those features don't exist at the moment. Also, I have absolutely no problem with multiple games running and fully support the effort. It's great. Glad there are more opportunities for everyone to GM and play!

Bottom Line: For me, the best strategy with current calendar feature set is to facilitate communication by accepting the players and indicating confirmed tables by using the GM confirmation feature which shows to all as the time in green. Individual GM preferences may vary. And, as above, I would love the ability for GMs to designate specific groups in multi-game sessions. I hope that extra explanation helps. If you prefer to use "pending," great, but those players won't be able to see notices on the calendar page, if any, and may or may not check forum threads.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome;199022 The multiple sign-ups are for additional games, since I will run it twice as indicated in the forum thread...... I [B
    absolutely agree[/B] with you that the calendars would benefit from the additional feature and implementation clarity and the addition of a dedicated player status beyond "active" - such as Game 1, Game 2, or ALT, etc. (basic groupings), but those features don't exist at the moment.
    The way to fix this is to determine a time for a 2nd game via the Game Thread then set a new calendar date for the second game. This helps players and GM's as well see better whats going on without having to read through every game thread before they are able to post a game time.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Also, if GMs don't accept the players, they can't see posts on the calendar page or ask questions there.
    The best way to fix this issue is to put in the "description" portion of the calendar the Game Thread link so players can get all the information the GM needs to give them there. The calendar section for posting information just doesn't work as intended imo, the game thread should supply all the information the players need.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    If you prefer to use "pending," great, but those players won't be able to see notices on the calendar page, if any, and may or may not check forum threads.
    If players aren't checking the Game Thread occasionally, they aren't truly interested. Last week at had 4 sign up but only 2 posted to the thread which I knew early on that the other 2 would never show up, it's always been like that. I sent PM's to the other 2 a few days before game and still no response. Just the way it is. People who want to play will be active on the Game Thread.

Thread Information