DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Legal Issue???

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    IANAL (or a coder) but I dont believe that the OPs use of altered images in his own campaign could constitute a breach of copyright.
    The OP was asking about the legalities of posting the altered images publicly on the forums, not about using them in their own campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    my bad - you are right - he does want to post them on a forum.
    personally i would think it would be ok if he did strip the google logos and watermarks but stated that the images were derived from google maps.
    but its not my website t o take that risk with so its probably best he doesnt post them - even though i think it would pass fair use interpretations.
    other points suggest that because the data represented is factual information that is publicly available - you can see these streets with your own eyes etc - that it is not possible to protect via copyright - although the whole body of work is
    another suggests that the scale of the copying (minute) means it would not even get as far as having to prove fair use - any claim would be dismissed outright...

but these are all interpretations and based on individual cases...

dang guys, yall are great ... thanks for all the info! I won't post them on the forum, but will definitely use them ... I found I can tweak the colors to make them look like a comic book so they will fit well with my MM3 campaign ... hehe

Blog Entries
    you could post a screenshot from your game

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

its a few months away, but sure thing ... how do i do that, can you capture the image with pring screen?

Quote Originally Posted by sukEEt View Post
    how do i do that, can you capture the image with pring screen?
    Press the "Print Screen" (sometimes PrtScn or something similar) on your keyboard, Fantasy Grounds will automatically put a .PNG graphics file of the FG screen in your <FG App Data> directory. You can press it multiple times, your previous screen captures won't be overwritten.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Press the "Print Screen" (sometimes PrtScn or something similar) on your keyboard, Fantasy Grounds will automatically put a .PNG graphics file of the FG screen in your <FG App Data> directory. You can press it multiple times, your previous screen captures won't be overwritten.
    Ha! I was wondering where those screenshot files came from!

suKEET - when you upload your screenshot - convert it to JPG first - it will be a much lighter file that way...

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Thread Information