FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    1. Click on Images Icon. On top of window is a Folder button. Click that. Any image you drop/copy/paste in there will automatically show in the Images folder as soon as you click back in there. Images - tip - keep the image size (in kb) down. Aim for less than 250kb, 500kb max unless you have a good upload speed on your internet connection.
    2. The mods are ready to run. The quality of the source module and the quality of the conversion may vary from module to module - but they are there ready to run. You need to Activate the module from Library -> Modules and then you will generally see one or more new tabs on Story, Images, Personalities... this is your content!
    It always helps to read thru the module yourself before running it - but there will be little additional prep after that.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    The wife is going to do nasty things to me (not in a giggity giggity way). I think I may have bought everything I didn't have yet.
    You'll get good use out of it. Sometimes that doesn't work with those who "tolerate" our passions....

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Quote Originally Posted by jhall6766 View Post
    ...Secondly are the Mods purchased from the Fg store ready to go , How much prep is needed on my end in order to run them ?? It seems like they are ready to run straight from purchase..
    Generally, there is minimal prep time in running the store modules. You have to understand the goal of the adventure, and the encounters in it, so it requires a bit of reading. No more than a "print" module for a game. Most are carefully crafted from the original PDFs to operate with full functionality (like automated random monster tables) in FG. The Sourcebook modules are generally *GM READ ONLY* and require you to expend a bit more time reading the "book." It would be akin to reading a "manual" for a game and incorporating that material into your homebrew games; or the pre-published games - hey you dictate where they go....

Hope this helps,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Hmmm Is it customary for the C & C mods to have their links greyed out(grey box)
    Last edited by jhall6766; February 1st, 2015 at 04:10.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jhall6766 View Post
    Hmmm Is it customary for the C & C mods to have their links greyed out(grey box)
    Sometimes ya just gotta give us something more to work with...
    Can you post a screenshot or some more detail?

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Sorry about that Damned.... I exported the module and it stated that the export was successful. When I opened the file everything was there... However I noticed that the links no longer were.. Next to Intro etc is the empty greybox where the link usually is.. Im assuming I did something wrong because they were there earlier but then when i went into it next it was just the gray box next to the different topics/links..

Blog Entries
    when you do the export - make sure you select everything that you want to export - story, items, personalities, images etc.
    when dealing with personalities - never drag them from another resource straight into your links - eg dont drag them from the ruleset Monsters into a link in a story.
    always copy them from monsters (or from another module) into Personalities and from there you can drag them into your module and they are a part of your module as well as being linked within the module.

Shows adding NPCs from Monsters into personalities.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9U0...r6UcaaLvD7YlJd

I dont have one on exporting modules but there are steps here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Module_Export

You can also double check that you have the correct modules installed. For example in Rune Lore, which takes place primarily in Aihdre, you need to have Monsters of Aihdre for some of the links to show up. The same is true of any module (unless the module exported using custom monsters - as laid out in the Personalities tab, as Damned pointed out). It's always best to keep the same library (collection of resources i.e. modules) the same each time you open your homebrewed material. That avoids a few problems with links as well.

Cheers,
    SF
    Last edited by S Ferguson; February 1st, 2015 at 15:09.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Link colour may also change if you use a different theme extension. For example, the wood extension has grey boxes for links - the links are still there, just the link icon has changed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe and Damned,
    That seems to be what was happening... I thought the link was gone because while I was in create campaign The Icons were red... Then after I exited and went in through the load campaign it was just a grey box.. Feeling pretty stupid now but Thanks for all the help... Now back to the videos so I can learn how to prep for running a game..

Also while Im here do either of you know if there is any plans for supporting Amazing Adventures ? This is also a siege engine rule set and produced by TLG..

Thread Information